Agile Test Engineer
Ft. Belvoir, VA
Agile Test Engineer
Candidate must have a TS/SCI security clearance.
The candidate will need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The tester must be comfortable establishing and setting up automated testing. Excellent communication skills are also required, the candidate will be responsible for working with multiple sprint teams and must be comfortable understanding concepts of multiple different frameworks. The team is supporting end users that are OCONUS, so must be comfortable with travel, although it is unlikely.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The Agile Test Engineer (ATE) is a member of the multi-disciplinary team and primarily responsible for quality assurance. The ATE shall iteratively test the code written by the ASDs, and provides test plans, tests, and diagnoses system performance and document testing results. They negotiate the escalation of issues and coordinate with teams to modify and update systems according to the results to enhance system performance and repair application abnormalities. As a project-wide asset, the ATE must have organizational and time management skills, including the ability to work independently and prioritize effectively
Day to day tasks include the following:
- Collaborating with PM and development team to prioritize defects/bugs on active projects
- Discovering defects/bugs and creating detailed bug reports
- Discovering show stopper bugs and find reproduction steps to crashes
- Extract, transform, load (ETL) processes, including document parsing techniques
- Perform exploratory testing on client projects through QA methodologies, such as the use of charters
- 4-9 years as a test engineer performing software testing, test methodology, test development and test execution
- Proficiency in one of the following languages C#, Java, .NET, Python, Perl, Ruby, or similar
- Experience in multiple operating systems including UNIX, Linux, Windows, etc.
- Experience managing and advanced SQL query writing, data retrieval, data mining from relational databases such as Oracle (PL/SQL), MySQL, Postgres and MS SQL Server (T-SQL)
- Security+ or CISSP
- Experience with cloud based apps and testing in cloud environment
- Have tested SaaS/PaaS/Cloud/Web based apps in various browsers, Mac & Windows
- Solid exploratory testing skills, assess the right level of testing based on what is covered by unit/developer tests. When exploration reveals a problem, author clear bug reports with all the relevant details
Knowledge to extract, transform, load (ETL) processes, including document parsing techniques
Job Type: Full Time