CSSP Incident Responder
Colorado Springs, CO
CSSP Incident Responder
Candidate must have a TS/SCI security clearance.
Our client is the prime that supports the government customer on a program that conducts 24/7 Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO) support activities on Military Satellite Communications (MILSATCOM) mission systems.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The candidate will perform all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Typical tasks include perform monitoring operations; report cyber security events and anomalies; provide analysis and recommendations, Vulnerability Management (VM) and Malware Protection / Vulnerability Assessment and Analysis (VAA), Intrusion Analysis and Correlation Information, incident handling, mission operations transfer, exercise and assessment support.
Other daily tasks may include:
- Performing Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinate with other government agencies to record and report incidents
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results
- A current DoD 8140/8570 Certification for CSSP Analyst and CSSP Incident Responder (CEH, GCIH, SCYBER or GCIA & GCFA) at a minimum, is required for all positions
- 3 years of experience with CSSP certified systems required
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience
Job Type: Full Time