Cyber Defense Engineer - O&M Specialist
CYBER DEFENSE ENGINEER - O&M SPECIALIST
Candidate MUST HAVE a TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
?Program and Project Description:
The contract provides Computer Network Defense and Analysis (CND) to the customer’ s network. Because the customer allows their user community to access their personal email accounts while on site, there is a lot of spam hitting their network regularly. This contract is responsible for the 24 x 7 x 365 protection of the customer’ s network from maliciously intended viruses and attacks on their network. The contract is broken down into two teams, the IDS Analyst team that sits at HQ and the Engineering team that sits in Herndon.
You are the first line responder of the Cyber Defense Infrastructure.
Support for systems and applications that are inherited from engineering after a system is put into production or operation
- Deployment/installation of sensors and agents on new interfaces/segments
- Tier 1& 2 problem resolution of IDS/IPS/CSOC systems
- Perform and validate system backups of IDS/IPS/CSOC systems
- Maintain sensor performance levels
- Maintain analyst console availability and support for all baselined applications and configurations.
- Ensure integrity of data held in IDS/IPS/CSOC back-end systems
- Manage accesses to IDS/IPS/CSOC back-end systems.
- Provide on call support after business hours and on weekends. Typical volume of support is 2-3 calls per week with the majority of calls not requiring a site visit.
- Ensure all IDS/IPS/CSOC capabilities are kept current, patched, and securely configured and management informed of status on a daily basis.
- Perform O&M on IDS/IPS/CSOC projects and/or systems as needed.
- Maintain system baselines and configuration management items, including security event monitoring " policies" in a manner determined and agreed to by the COTR and customer management.
- Ensure changes are made using an approval process agreed to in advance.
- Prepare briefing status reports and attend Review Boards as required.
- IDS/IPS/CSOC back-end systems experience
- A bachelor' s degree in computer engineering, computer science, or other closely related IT discipline.
- 2 years of experience in network engineering, system administration with emphasis in implementation, operations and maintenance of Windows Server, Applications and Database servers, workstation environments with some Linux experience, and end user support skills.
- Familiarity with network security applications, protocols and associated hardware.
- Splunk experience: hands on with content creation
- 7 years (with a range of experiences on contract) of knowledge and hands-on experience in systems engineering to include network, storage, backup, platforms, middleware, application, monitoring, and security
- Demonstrated 10 years knowledge and hands-on experience working with Email / Web Security.
- Risk Assessment and ability to prioritize mitigation with security countermeasures
- Experience working with different security technologies for network defense, web and email defense, endpoint defenses, and SIEM (ArcSight)
Job Type: Full Time