Candidate must have a TS/SCI security clearance.
The candidate will be part of team supporting users in Ft. Bragg that ultimately provide support to end users that are OCONUS. The engineer will be a key part in a team that is extremely mission critical and need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Strong communication skills are critical as the candidate will be working across multiple environments.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The DBE is the central contributor in designing and implementing major pieces of core database infrastructure. The DBE acts as the internal " database expert" within the multidisciplinary agile development team and serves as the point of contact for all things database. The DBE influences the deployment strategy and operational strategy for the organization' s use of databases. The DBE designs major core database services such as replication, data high availability, disaster recovery, implement database techniques and features to support service scalability, performance and stability for SaaS platforms. The DBE works closely with the agile development team to test and deploy infrastructural enhancements. Resolves complex technical issues and improve system availability, resiliency, and performance. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in the area of database engineering specialization. The DBE designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
Day to day responsibilities may include:
- Designing and creating database structures including normalized, denormalized, and data warehouse database topologies
- Performing optimization of database to increase performance
- Preparing database environment(s) for application deployments
- Taking proper measures to insure optimum database security; experience with PKI and Kerberos based authentication/authorization schemes and role-based access constructs
- Creating and updating database documentation in support of the database platform
- Providing product and new technology research and evaluation
- Upgrading database products based on vendor specifications
- Tracking work using an industry level tracking system such as JIRA, Redmine, etc.
- Developing appropriate queries to retrieve data from the database, looks into the security issues of the data and develops structures, procedures and triggers
- Experience with multiple differentiated storage technology; able to identify, define, tune appropriate storage technology including Flash-based storage (SLC and MLC), iSCSI SAN, RDMA, Clustered filesystems, Infiniband, HDFS, and Fiber Channel storage
- Demonstrated production-level Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) development using a combination of scripting technology (Perl, Python, etc), High-Level Languages (Java, C#, etc) and Object Persistence Frameworks (Hibernate, Spring, OpenJPA, etc)
- COMPTIA Security+ or CISSP certification
- BS degree in CS, Statistics, Mathematics, or Engineering
Job Type: Full Time