Desk Top Support Technician
INFORMATION SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
Candidate MUST HAVE a TS/SCI security clearance in order to be considered.
Our client is 5 ½ years into this 8+ year contract. The contract provides IT Support Services to the customer, including Service Desk (Help Desk and Desk Top), Application, Systems and Network Support Services. Their team in Chantilly, VA provides Information Systems Technical Support locally to 5, 000 customers at this large campus of multiple buildings. The NOC and SOC teams in Virginia send the IST folks trouble tickets, and this team will take those tickets and go from customer to customer troubleshooting and fixing the issues on site. ALL CANDIDATES MUST be DoD 8570 compliant upon joining the program.
- Responsible for the installation, repair, configuration and preventative maintenance of personal computers, network equipment and/or telecommunications equipment.
- Exhibits an understanding of engineering application configuration and integration of the desktop.
- Answers internal inquiries and troubleshoots software and hardware failures either in person or on the phone.
- Performs hardware and software moves, adds, and changes.
- Ensures systems and related equipment are in proper working condition.
- Maintains records on repairs and system/equipment updates.
- Troubleshooting of Desktop Hardware and Software, including PC troubleshooting, PC swap outs, PC mouse issues, Keyboard issues, KVM issues, printing configurations, scanning issues, Active Directory account creations, Map to a Network Drive.
- Must be able presentable in front of high level VIP' s, such as Directors and above.
- Must be able to multitask in this fast paced environment.
- Must be capable to be physically active, moving workstations and going over/under desks
- Tier 2 support
- Security+ certification
- AA/AS with 3 years of experience
- Must have solid Windows experience.
- Must have solid experience reimaging PC’ s
- The candidate should have the general knowledge and experience with standard operating procedures, practices and techniques associated with administrative tasks.
- The candidate must be able to perform in an environment involving special security requirements.
- Must be able to install, maintain, and troubleshoot support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware
- Install/configure applications software and related hardware
- Desktops, servers, printers, scanners, drives, monitors, etc...
- A+ certification
- CCNA, CCNP
Job Type: Full Time