Hardware Engineer T-22-319
annapolis Junction, MD
The Team is seeking experienced Hardware Engineers to support our analytics team. The best candidate for this position would be a self-motivated individual who has a strong attention to detail and prior experience working with agile development, enterprise analytic platforms, customer outreach, and testing. They must be able to work independently, be able to identify support gaps, and work pro-actively to get tasks done.
- 7 years of practical work experience performing hardware engineering tasks on projects of similar scope and complexity.
· Broad technical experience in mechanical or electrical engineering, materials science, static and dynamic analysis.
· (7) years of practical work experience in installation and operations of communications and/or SIGINT equipment.
· Knowledgeable of network components, timing systems and power distribution systems.
· Experience in assembling/fabricating different cables using component parts and connectors.
· Familiar with assembling data, signal and power cables.
· Proficient in developing of hardware documentation (system layout, rack-elevations, wiring list, etc).
· Experience with site installation planning, preparation, checkout, and deploying systems to the field.
· Knowledgeable with the Agency PSAlPSR Readiness Process.
· Knowledgeable with Agency hardware standards and systems.
SPECIALIZED/ DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
· Experience in troubleshooting hardware problems in both analog and digital domains, fault isolation, and Lowest Replaceable Unit (LRU) replacement.
· Experience in the use of hardware test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, power meters, Firebird 6000, and Tl test sets and testers.
· Knowledgeable with AUTOCAD and VISIO and can make minor enhancements to drawings and project documentation.
· Familiar with MS Office Automation Tools for hardware documentation/project presentations.
· Knowledgeable of heat dissipation techniques.
· Knowledgeable with signal grounds and isolating problems with noise.
Education: A Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science is highly desired which will be considered equivalent to two (2) years experience. A Master' s degree in a technical field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years experience.
NOTE: A degree in Communications, Computer Science, Mathematics, Accounting, Information Systems, Program Management, or similar degree will be considered as a technical field.