Hyperion Financial Reporting Specialist
Hyperion Financial Reporting Specialist
Our client just went live on July 1 with HFM 22.214.171.124, upgraded Essbase, and moved from FDM to FDMEE. The client also upgraded DRM and Financial Reports. Our client created or converted 4 Essbase ASO cubes and still have BSO cubes that will be coverted over the next 2 years when the sites go-live on the new PeopleSoft GL with a new chart of accounts, departments, entities.
Our client is looking for 2 candidates to fill senior finance analyst roles, one for Hyperion Financial Management, the other for Hyperion Essbase. Or both roles may work on both tools depending on experience.
Our client is looking for 2 experienced Hyperion Financial Analysts that would walk in the door knowing the following tools:
- Hyperion Financial Report Writer
- Accounting Background (ideally CPA or former CPA who has moved into a Systems Role would suffice)
- Must have Business Degree (preferred Accounting)
- Understand Financial Statements
- Income Statements
- Balance Sheets
- Cash Flow Statement
Here is a more detailed Job Description from the Client:
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the mission, vision, and values of The Client in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Assists with the design, development, testing, and implementation of new financial reporting systems as well as upgrades to existing systems that provide accurate and timely consolidated financial and operational data for The Client.
- Maintains the financial reporting systems used for internal and external reporting purposes; performs regular maintenance of the metadata in the systems, including the standard general ledger and financial consolidation software; responsible for reviewing new metadata requests and assisting with the development of changes to the system; and keeps the system up-to-date and purges old data and metadata as needed in order to keep the system running efficiently.
- Maintains the reporting functions in the financial consolidation software including building new reports and maintaining existing reports based on changes to reporting standards and related metadata. Also maintains and supports reporting standards and ensures consistency with those standards throughout all reports in the financial consolidation software.
- Acts a liaison to System Office and Regional Health Ministry personnel for assistance with local financial reporting needs.
- Provides regular training on financial consolidation software and related applications to colleagues across The Client; develops and maintains training materials for super users as well as end users of the applications; provides training on-site, via virtual conferences, or by telephone as needed to meet the needs of users.
- Maintains the system’ s uniform chart of accounts and standard departments for financial reporting applications; reviews changes to the mapping of data from the source ledger to the consolidated financial reporting system chart of accounts and segment detail for line of business reporting; assists users with their understanding and proper usage of the standard chart of accounts and departments.
- Provides consultation, analysis, coordination and assistance with project management tasks for special projects as directed by management, including system related maintenance needs related to software implementations, mergers, divestitures, and joint ventures. Responsible for keeping assigned tasks on track with the project plan and prioritizing tasks in order to meet deadlines. This person is also responsible for managing risks and confirming that key stakeholders are kept informed about the progress and expected outcomes of the project.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve processes related to the financial consolidation and financial reporting needs of the organization with the objective of increasing the value of System Office Finance activities for the System Office and Regional Health Ministry colleagues.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws/regulations; the The Client Integrity and Compliance Program and Code of Conduct; as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
- Must have a thorough understanding of financial management as normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor' s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field and a minimum of five years of finance and/or accounting experience including direct responsibility for maintaining and supporting an organization' s financial software applications and interfaces. CPA certification and/or experience in the healthcare industry is preferred.
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of financial management and reporting applications and supported financial systems and processes. Experience with Oracle financial software highly preferred (PeopleSoft general ledger, Hyperion Financial Data Management Quality Management Enterprise Edition, Essbase, Financial Data Quality Management, Data Relationship Manager).
- Experience in systems integration and project management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong knowledge of technical accounting theory, US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting. Familiarity with healthcare finance terminology and concepts preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and complete multiple assignments in a time constrained environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop appropriate methodologies for collecting, analyzing, and evaluating data. Strong personal computer skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision of daily tasks.
- Must be comfortable in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Must have a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring as well as the ability to inspire and to motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values of The Client.
Job Type: Contract