INFORMATION SYSTEM SECURITY OFFICER
Candidate must have an active Secret security clearance in order to be considered
Program and Job Description:
Our Client is looking for an assertive and self-confident ISSO to partner with the program and government customer to perform the duties of a DoD Collateral ISSO for their Information Systems organization. This is a multi-tasking environment that demands customer service, communication, and organized skills.
This ISSO will oversee day-to-day information system security operations including hardware and software implementations. Under general direction, the ISSO will carry out technical administration of IS in accordinance with internal and customer security requirements, primarily DSS Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM). Ability to work independently as well with a team of analysts. Adaptable to diverse office situations, procedures, and demands.
Day to Day:
- Auditing of the Information System
- Constant upkeep, monitoring, analysis, and response to network and security events.
- Documents compliance actions within the approved automated compliance tracking system or develops a plan of actions and milestones (POAM) with the information systems security manager (ISSM) to address non-compliance in the allotted timeframe.
- Ensures configuration management (CM) for security-relevant IS software, hardware, and firmware is maintained and documented in accordance with baseline.
- Ensures all information system security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals.
- Ensures records are maintained for workstations, software, servers, routers, firewalls, network switches, telephony equipment, etc. throughout the information system' s life cycle.
- Participates in internal/external security audits/inspections; performs risk assessments
- Ensure proper protection and / or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered
• Knowledgeable of information technology security technical principles, Information assurance methodologies and concepts
• IS auditing experience
• Knowledgeable of OS security requirements
• Understanding of configuration management principles
• Keen attention to detail and possess a strong sense of accountability for actions
• Must be a team player, self-motivated, and a quick learner
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered career, or journey, level.
• Demonstrated technical experience for Windows, Networks, UNIX, and Linux operating systems (Specific need for Solaris and RedHat Linux)
• In depth experience in system hardening, analysis, and vulnerability management
• Hands on experience with IA tools
• Proficiency in Solaris/Unix/Linux command line
• Previous experience working with DSS
• Familiarity with agile software development process
• Demonstrated experience in problem solving
• Must have and maintain DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification
Job Type: Full Time