Junior Software Developer
JUNIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Candidate MUST HAVE a TS/SCI and Polygraph security clearance in order to be considered.
This program is responsible for building, designing and maintaining a technical environment for the customer to be able to run and use its analytics tools. Their major efforts are focused around bringing everything up into the AWS Cloud. This team is developing new web services for its clients as well as performing enhancements to existing web services, previously developed by the team. This team was created in the cloud and for the cloud, without any legacy hardware to support or maintain.
- The Java developer should be a self-starter and able to work autonomously and collaborate with the balance of the team as needed.
- The developer should be able to interface with customers during planning sessions, technical exchanges, and other customer focused activities.
- Provides development engineering and programming support to projects and infrastructure support activities.
- Designs and develops enterprise applications in a Web environment.
- Develops, creates, and modifies general computer applications software or specialized utility programs.
- Analyzes user needs and develops software solutions.
- Designs software or customizes software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
- May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
- May manage websites including design, develop, deploy and maintain activities as well as performs testing and quality assurance of web sites and web applications.
- 1+ year experience
- Experience building RESTful Web Service APIs,
- Experience designing & working with relational databases (eg. MySQL).
- Experience creating HTML5 user interfaces utilizing frameworks such as Angular, JQuery & Bootstrap.
- Familiarity with continuous build, continuous deployment and other DevOps tools and methodologies
- Familiarity with source control tools.
- Experience implementing queuing technologies such as Java Message Service (JMS)
- Familiarity with the customer' s cloud infrastructure, hands on experience preferred
- Experience with Accessibility Standards and Tools to ensure the software is compliant with the customer’ s accessibility standards.
- Experience working in an Agile Development Environment particularly with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is preferred.
Job Type: Full Time