LINUX SYS ADMIN
Annapolis Junction, MD
LINUX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Candidate MUST have a TS/SCI with a Poly in order to be considered.
Our client provides Technical Solutions to this Intelligence Agency customer. They have a long term contract and need a seasoned and experienced Oracle Database Engineer. Candidate will be providing Oracle database administration support in a production environment.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Linux, Windows, and some Solaris (Unix) systems.
- Manages day-to-day operation, monitoring and problem resolution or IT systems.
- Daily activities include account management, installation and maintenance of operating system and application patches.
- Installs, configures and maintains required applications such as McAfee virus scanning tools, system event logging and auditing, configuration management tools, system health and monitoring tools, and IAVA compliance patching.
- Optimizes system operations and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Configure and manages Linux, Windows and Unix operating systems and installs/load operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components.
- Supports the design of systems, mission architecture and associated hardware.
- Provides recommendations on required hardware and systems configuration to improve overall system performance and security.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of system configuration and operating procedures.
- At least 7 years of hands on system administration experience
- Strong experience with administering systems:
- Windows 2000R2
- Experience writing and maintaining:
- Unix shell scripts
- Windows Powershell scripts and batch jobs
- Strong Experience with installing and configuring
- Virtualization technologies such as VMware and / or OpenStack
- J2EE/Web applications such as WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat, Apache, and IIS
- Solaris operating patches using pkgadd
- Yum repositories
- Windows McAfee EPO server
- vCenter Servers, and using vSphere client
- Build Active Directory domain servers
- Create Windows & Linux Templates
- Run CCRI Security scans on templates
- Working knowledge of using openssl and Java keytool to generate key pairs is desired
- Solaris/Trusted Solaris
- Storage technology including Disc/Tape/SAN/NAS/DAS
Job Type: Full Time