LINUX SYS ADMIN
LINUX SYS ADMIN
Candidate MUST HAVE a TS/SCI and Polygraph security clearance in order to be considered.
Our client has been the prime on this contract for the last 6+ years. The mission of the program is to provide IT, O&M Support Services to the customer' s Enterprise and Mission Systems, across multiple areas within the customer. This contract has been consolidating many smaller contracts under one umbrella to be able to give the customer one button to push from an overall management perspective.
- Perform system administration for the virtual infrastructure.
- Proven experience implementing cross domain solutions that support requirements of varying complexity in addition to planning and managing the coordinated effort of a team of different stakeholders, information technology, and related technical professionals, to include personnel from different organizations with competing interests (e.g., customer, cross domain governing bodies, hosting facility, and technology provider).
- Lead and work with a diverse IT infrastructure, which includes: storage/backup, platforms, middleware, and software development.
- Analyzing the existing Virtual infrastructure and developing an adaptable and scalable design to meet the needs of the mission customer.
- Use open source frameworks, with experience deploying various open source packages and/or application stacks into sponsor' s production landscape
- Deploy and maintain Linux baseline for physical and virtual platforms
- Develop and maintain capacity metric
- Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application/system integration and execution
- Work with developers/engineers across disciplines to define customer and system requirements; design a solution that meets the current requirements and is scalable to meet future enterprise requirements
- Comprehend and implement new concepts, technologies and products quickly
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex hardware/software issues, restore the environment to an operational state with minimal downtime, perform root cause analysis and provide a forward leaning mitigation strategy
- Perform trend analysis on overall system health, performance, and capacity management with regard to utilization and growth
- Develop project briefings, updating system designs, rack elevations, wiring diagrams, and system outage after action reports
- Experience with Linux platform (i.e. RHEL, CentOS) including administration, management, and troubleshooting.
- Experience building and deploying automated server and workstation builds across an enterprise infrastructure with environments that are logically separated
- Experience with proactive monitoring concepts, including experience configuring and deploying Network and systems monitoring (i.e. SNMP, Nagios, Splunk, SolarWinds, etc.)
- Experience with patching and maintaining server build
- Knowledge of the following infrastructure principles:
- Fault tolerance
- High availability
- Scalability and Capacity planning
- Data center organization
- Backup / Recovery
- Understanding of all phases of the software development lifecycle; the System Engineering Life Cycle; and the ability to comprehend user business needs and concerns and integrate that understanding with technical skills
- Knowledge of at least three of the following technologies:
Job Type: Full Time