Fair Lakes, VA
Candidate must have a Secret security clearance.
Our client is the prime on a contract supporting a government customer that has an immediate need for a Linux integrator. The position provides an opportunity to develop and advance the cutting-edge technology that supports our nation’ s fundamental defense services. The candidate will work closely with the customer to develop solutions that allow them to carry out submarine missions.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The candidate will work with collaborative teams to deliver end-to-end solutions in mission systems integration, development, and operations support to fleets and the organization. The Linux integrator will analyze, design, develop and test systems to ensure the integration of software, hardware, reliability, maintainability, safety and other requirements in the total engineering effort. Additional responsibilities include armoring systems for certification and accreditation; working with external vendors and customers; and configuring lab environments and specifications. This individual is also responsible for requirements definitions, software critical item tests, etc., in addition to configuring and troubleshooting system hardware and software.
- Knowledge of Linux operating system
- Experience with generating and troubleshooting in scripts such as Python, Perl, or bash
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair software and hardware systems
- Experience cabling equipment racks to support system hardware components
- Understanding of OS operation in a cross-platform environment (Linux/Windows)
- Experience with virtualization techniques
- Ability to read C++/Java code
- Experience with cybersecurity tolls such as RMF, IAVA management, etc.
Job Type: Full Time