Senior Network Engineer
Candidate must have TS SCI with POLY
Our client is working on a significant effort supporting several customer networks on different platforms. The team is responsible for modern system implementations, system O&M, C&A, continuous monitoring, information security and communications security on all of these systems, allowing flexibility to work on and be proficient in several IT disciplines. Because of the totality of support, there is a true number of career paths that one can choose to mature and grow into the IT professional they want to be.
The Engineer will serve as an expert and project leader on a dynamic and experienced team responsible for engineering, design, deployment, and maintenance of network systems. The ideal candidate for this position will possess both extensive network engineering experience to be able to set up Cisco Switches and Routers, do network design for a site, install it, brief it to an engineering review board.
This individual will collaborate closely with other members of the team to ensure that standards are followed and that engineered solutions follow repeatable processes.
The ideal candidate will have Solarwinds experience, they will understand more modern Cisco like Nexus, understands the WAN, experience in troubleshooting, packet fram loss on circuits. They will also have firewall experience and are able to configure a McAfee or Juniper firewall.
Systems designed will include some or all of the following key items: VoIP telephony, video teleconferencing, Cisco routers and switches, SONET, CPT, satellite network connections, wireless networking, data encryption. All system designs will take system security considerations into account and will be subject to security testing and validation.
It is important that candidates understand ONS, can configure routers and switches, understand data lost levels and traffic analysis.
- CCNA REQUIRED
- Must be able to set up Cisco Switches and Routers, do network design for a site, install it, be able to brief it to an engineering review board
- Cisco switches and routers (ie. Cisco FWSM and ASA firewalls, Cisco VPNs, Cisco ACS, and RSA SecurID systems)
- Troubleshooting of Cisco Routers / Switches, TCP / IP networking and Ethernet technologies.
- Experience with Juniper/JUNOS
- Experience with Solar Winds (or similar monitoring systems)
- Cisco FWSM and ASA firewalls, Cisco VPNs, Cisco ACS, and RSA SecurID systems.
- LAN / WAN topologies including OptEMAN, frame-relay, point-to-point private lines and ISDN.
- Cisco 7200, 2600 and 2800 routers
- Protocols on Cisco routers: EIGRP, BGP, NAT
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 (Layer 2 and Layer 3, VSS) and 2900 switches.
Job Type: Full Time