Network Tech Control
NETWORK TECH CONTROL
Candidate must have a TS/SCI w/ CI Poly security clearance in order to be considered
Program and Job Description:
The contract provides IT Support Services to the customer, including Service Desk (Help Desk and Desk Top), Application, Systems and Network Support Services. Their Computer Network Defense and Information Assurance (CND and IA) group provides Information Security (INFOSEC) to the customer’ s network. Because the customer allows their user community to access their personal email accounts while on site, there is a lot of spam hitting their network regularly. This contract is responsible for the 24 x 7 x 365 protection of the customer’ s network from maliciously intended viruses and attacks on their network. As part of this they are looking for a System Administrator to come and join their IA team. The contract supports a number of geographically distributed locations throughout the United States in addition to a small number of OCONUS locations.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Monitors network to ensure its availability to all users. Observes and controls the status and performance of all components of network facilities. Identifies, diagnoses and resolves problems affecting network performance.
- A Network Control Specialist should have a working knowledge of the terrestrial network infrastructure including hardware (routers, switches, etc.), technologies, (fiber, copper, etc.), protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, Spanning Tree, etc.) and WANs (standard connectivity and data rate, etc.).
- A Network Control Specialist must possess working knowledge and experience with Cisco routers (1841' s, 3745' s, 3845' s, 76XX' s, etc.), routed networks, routed and routing protocols as well as in-depth knowledge of Cisco, Foundry and Juniper switches (i.e., CAT 3550' s, CAT 3750' s, CAT 6500' s, FES 2402' s, FES 4802' s, etc.).
- The Network Control Specialist must have the ability to interpret and resolve customer requirements, perform configuration management of multiple IP networks, complete software updates of equipment, perform network troubleshooting, and improve network performance.
- Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Security + or CCNA Required
Job Type: Full Time