PeopleSoft Asset Management Expert
PeopleSoft Asset Management SME
Our client is currently live with v9.1 PeopleSoft for Finance, and Supply Chain. This retail organization has the complete Financials & SCM Suite (GL, AP, PO, AR, BI, PC, AM, INV, and more).
They are currently looking for a Sr. Level PeopleSoft Asset Management SME to perform a variety of tasks as it relates to their Asset Management System. Our client currently has a lot of manual “ work-arounds” in place when it comes to processing specific transactions of their assets that they must do outside of PeopleSoft in Microsoft excel. Our client is hoping to be able to make changes to their PeopleSoft AM system so that they can make these changes to their assets within PeopleSoft and are not forced to manually do the work outside of PeopleSoft and input the changes, which is extremely time consuming and inefficient. A few specific issues our client is having are:
- Inability to processes lease modifications within PeopleSoft related to the “ right-of-use assets” (GAAP)
- PeopleSoft system errors preventing the processing of retirements on unique assets (GAAP – primary related to accelerated depreciation on stores remodels dating back to 2015).
- Incorrect bonus depreciation being applied by the system (Tax).
- Tax tables (MACRS) being applied to various tax book assets incorrectly (Tax)
- Assets that would not run through our manual cost segregation process correctly
Our client is also hoping to automate Asset Transactions in mass within the system. Our client is looking for a PeopleSoft Asset Management expert that can design, and create upload spreadsheets that will allow them to process mass retirements, cost adjustments, useful life changes instead of manually processing one-by-one (GAAP; i.e. useful life changes).
Lastly, our client is looking for this person to evaluate the current state of their business processes for best practice improvements to the PeopleSoft AM system. For example, are their end user’ s behaviors creating processing issues? If so, how do they change them to avoid these errors within the system? Are they allowing users to “ touch” an asset in the system too much? Understanding best practices when it comes to Assets and tracking / accounting for Assets within the PeopleSoft AM system.
Overall, this PeopleSoft Asset Management SME with assess the current business processes within AM and perform all of the necessary hands-on Functional work to the system to resolve the issues outlined above. This could include making hands-on changes to the set up, design, configuration, business process work flow, etc. and provide both consultative guidance on how to best utilize PeopleSoft AM specifically to this organization’ s needs.
This PeopleSoft Asset Management SME with assess the current business processes within AM and perform all of the necessary hands-on Functional work to the system to resolve the issues outlined above. This includes, but is not limited to; making hands-on changes to the setup, design, configuration, business process work flow, documentation, testing, running PS Query to find necessary data / sets of data, end-user training, and possibly more.
- 10+ years of experience doing hands-on Functional work on v9.1 (ideally both v9.1 and v9.2) PeopleSoft Asset Management experience specifically within a Retail Organization
- Analyze current environment and be able to do necessary functional work to improve business processes and create more efficient and effective flow around
- Strong technical background to be able to write detailed technical specifications to hand off to novice PeopleSoft Developers to perform any development changes needed on the back-end of their PeopleSoft AM system.
- Strong Communication – ability to communication and lead effectively with all levels of the business
- Able to handle all Functional Responsibilities within PeopleSoft Asset Management from requirements gathering, functional spec creation, design, configuration, testing, training, 1 on 1 training to Jr. level PeopleSoft Business Analyst, including knowledge transfer
- Retail Industry experience
- Be able to recommend and implement Best Practices for PeopleSoft AM in v9.1 and v9.2
- Asset Management Reconciliation Experience
- Creating Automated Processes
Job Type: Contract