PeopleSoft Financials Lead / PM
PeopleSoft Financials Lead / PM
The client is a working on a major install of 9.2 and the full financials suite. The legacy systems are PeopleSoft 9.1 GL and AM for part of the company and as well as various Lawson Financial data that is being sunset. The client has had to delay go-live several times and are finally prepared to go-live in August.
Performs a leadership advisory role with all levels of the business in identification, definition, analysis and support of assigned programs, projects and/or initiatives to achieve optimal outcomes. Responsible for ongoing support of the ERP Finance applications for the System Office and all of the various business units and sites. Serves as a Functional Financial Lead in all facets of the ERP Finance modules, system development life cycle (SDLC), and resource for on-going knowledge transfer and problem resolution. Participates in the development and execution of the Finance strategic plan and is responsible for any future upgrades and/or implementations. Serves as a mentor and project lead providing guidance to less experienced staff members. Establishes and maintains a collaborative relationship with end users providing operational and functional knowledge supporting the development of new/improved capabilities and translating business requirements to functional requirements. Possesses an extensive understanding of the business operation in order to analyze finance work flow and recommend alternate approaches in developing process improvement. Serves in a leadership role providing direction to other team members integrating possible solutions across operational/functional areas; works with enterprise applications and users that may be deployed across multiple site locations and geographic locations.
This person will join a small team and focus on the GL and AM modules rollout with Project Costing, AP, Fixed Assets, Grants, Commitment Control, AR, and Billing as secondary skills in that order of importance.
- PeopleSoft Financials Functional Lead / PM experience – 5 to 7 years+
- GL & AM Focus – at least 4-5 years of GL and Asset Management experience
- Overall financials / accounting knowledge
- Testing Experience – experience using Excel based testing tools
- Several FLC’ s
- Very well spoken with great communication skills
- Workstream and business knowledge expertise with GL & AM
- GL & AM functionality and interface to the rest of Financials
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business Administration with emphasis in Accounting, Finance or related field with a background in Information Technology and Healthcare, or an equivalent combination of education or experience. MBA or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of five ( 5 ) to seven (7) years prior experience functioning as a “ super user” within at least two (2) of the Healthcare PeopleSoft Finance modules, e.g., general ledger, project costing, asset management, grant management, contract management, receivables (miscellaneous accounts receivable) and billing.
- Experience with the following Finnance Systems, i.e., Oracle OBIEE suite of products, Kaufman Hall, Hyperion HFM & Enterprise, Blackbaud, Lawson Finance Modules (General Ledger, Asset Management, Projects and Activities) preferred.
- Minimum of five ( 5 ) to seven (7) years of ERP System implementation experience, participating in software configuration, test planning and execution, system integration testing, data conversion and validation, end-user training and post go-live support.
- Ability to lead and manage projects. Ability to provide expert knowledge and experience for the ERP Finance modules.
- Ability to manage multiple disparate ideas to achieve a single reasonable and comprehensive solution.
- Ability to consult/collaborate with all levels of an organization to develop solutions to achieve desired outcomes.
- Excellent human relations, management and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and group process skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and work of others to meet defined goals.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative shared leadership environment.
- Must be adept in at least two (2) of the Financial Applications being supported by the team and, preferably, multiple modules within each application.
- Possesses an extensive understanding of the business operation in order to analyze Finance work flow and recommend alternate approaches in developing process improvement. Must be adept in documenting functional requirements using a structured methodology.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills are needed to interface with varied interests and audiences. Solid analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to effectively develop solutions to application/process issues and maximize application capabilities in order to meet the client’ s business needs.
Job Type: Contract