PeopleSoft Financials Senior Data Conversion Specialist
PeopleSoft Financials Senior Data Conversion Specialist
The client is a working on a major install of 9.2 and the full financials suite. The legacy systems are PeopleSoft 9.1 GL and AM for part of the company and as well as various Lawson Financial data that is being sunset. The client has had to delay go-live several times but just recently went live with the HQ location system on v9.2 in mid-October. The client will be rolling out this new v9.2 Financials to all of their subsidiary business units over the next several years.
Responsible for conducting gap analysis sessions with various business units as they participate in the ERP Project. Responsible for the development of all new General Ledger Departments in PeopleSoft 9.2 and creating the mapping from legacy values. Manages the conversion of all legacy data in PeopleSoft 9.2 for all of the Finance modules. Supports the business through the data validation process. Performs and supports final conversion and validation in PeopleSoft 9.2 Production environment. Serve as a subject matter expert for multiple source systems and PeopleSoft 9.2 and the business rules for transforming the data. Responsible for understanding and applying technical skills to solve data related issues. Provides a deep understanding on how the Business uses the data for analysis and the applications that generate the legacy information. Works closely with the Financial Application Consultants ensuring the quality of the data in PeopleSoft 9.2. Participate in the design and enhancement of the foundational data models, both logical and physical.
- Conducts Gap Analysis sessions with the Finance Team at each site location at the beginning of their participation in the ERP Project. These sessions will document all gaps between current processes and the standard processes that are part of the PeopleSoft 9.2 implementation.
- Develops complete list of all required General Ledger departments. This includes insuring that the new departments adhere to the client’ s 3 digit standard, accurately represent the site’ s operations, and meet the configuration requirements of the other Finance modules.
- Works with the specific sites to create the mapping from legacy departments to the new PeopleSoft 9.2 departments.
- Coordinates the load of the department mapping into DRM.
- Manages the extraction of legacy data from all relevant legacy systems in required formats for loading into PeopleSoft 9.2.
- Manages the conversion of all legacy data into the following PeopleSoft modules: General Ledger, Asset Management, Project Costing, Contracts and Grants, and Miscellaneous AR and Billing.
- Works closely with the Finance Team to validate the converted data in all PeopleSoft 9.2 Finance modules.
- Makes any necessary changes to the mappings and/or conversion programs.
- Participates and contributes to the designs and development of custom integration where necessary.
- Complies with established standards and procedures related to development activities (e.g., coding standards, version control, change management, etc.).
- Provides a good understanding of source data structures and how the business uses the information.
- Reinforces the vision and direction of the PeopleSoft 9.2 ERP Project.
- Initiates opportunities to learn and grow. Handles multiple demands, shifting priorities, crises and rapid change.
- Cultivates working relationships within the Finance Implementation Team, with Trinity Information Services teams, and with the site’ s that are positive, professional and collaborative.
- Bachelor' s degree in healthcare, information technology or Finance/Accounting and a minimum of five (5) years' experience in data conversion activities or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years' experience with PeopleSoft finance applications, preferably with version 9.2.
- Knowledge of Financial reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of healthcare nomenclature and business processes and security requirements.
- Strong logical and analytical thinker with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work and work of others to meet defined goals.
- Able to independently find root causes of problems and quickly determine efficient solutions while anticipating risks and mitigating impact.
- Must be adept in at least two (2) of the Financial Applications being supported by the team and, preferably, multiple modules within each application.
- Ability to interact effectively across capability group boundaries.
- Ability to provide staff support on technical projects, assignments and analysis.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures and able to develop products with similar attributes.
- Ability to work in teams and with direct supervision.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Trinity Health.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- This position operates in a typical office environment. The area is well-lit, temperature-controlled and free from hazards.
- Incumbent communicates frequently, in person and over the telephone, with people in a number of different locations on technical issues.
- Manual dexterity is needed in order to operate a keyboard. Hearing is needed for extensive telephone and in person communications.
- The environment in which the incumbent will work requires the ability to concentrate, meet deadlines, work on several projects at the same period and adapt to interruptions.
- Ability to travel up to 50% to System Office/specific site locations as necessary.
Job Type: Contract