College Park, MD
Quantum Systems Engineer
Candidate must have a TS/SCI CIP security clearance.
The candidate will have a key role in providing technical support and apply expertise in quantum information science. This will include working towards advancing multi-qubit operations.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The day to day of this position will include assimilating and integrating technical input from performers and analyze performers’ technical deliverables and reports, conducting technical writing, development, and refinement of briefing materials, conducting independent review and summary of technical literature and emerging technologies. Additionally, the candidate will develop and document testing methodologies and protocols, ensuring they align with program technology components and assess performer results against program metrics.
- Experience researching experimental quantum computing using superconducting qubits or spin-based qubits in semiconductors (experience may be gained during academic internships, doctoral, and/or post-doctoral studies)
- Experience with one of the following
- Qubit development utilizing superconducting circuits
- Qubit development utilizing silicon devices
- Qubit development utilizing trapped ions
- Research in Improvements to quantum characterization, verification, and validation
- Superconducting logic
- RF Engineering specifically related to qubit chips
- Knowledge of physical system and quantum information research
- Degree in Physics, Mathematics CS, or Engineering
- Ph.D. in Physics or Electrical Engineering with emphasis on quantum research desired
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently within a dynamic, interdisciplinary environment
- Ability to write concisely, perform persuasive speaking and writing
Job Type: Full Time