SATCOM NETWORK ENGINEER
SATCOM NETWORK ENGINEER
Candidate MUST HAVE a SECRET security clearance in order to be considered.
Program and Project Description:
Our client' s program manages the customer’ s Global Communication System and ensures that COMMS are up and running 100% of the time. They provide the engineering design services; software development; material procurement, logistics, integration, configuring, and shipping; installation; bandwidth procurement; operations; customer billing; and maintenance for terrestrial and satellite networks in hundreds of locations across the globe. They also interface with the end users at the hundreds of sites around the world to understand their current and future needs and coordinate new equipment installations or maintenance with them. They support terrestrial or satellite installation teams the opportunity to travel to places they’ ve only read about to install equipment that provides the new or upgraded services.
The Satellite Engineer will be responsible for providing SATCOM engineering support, technical guidance and recommendations in support of a global network. This position supports all areas of the customer' s engineering organization as well as the various engineering and configuration management boards. provide support team to transition, troubleshoot, modify and remove services within the production network, while controlling the risk of failure and disruption. He/she will act as the primary interface between design and operations, maintain the approved network configuration standard, minimize risk during provisioning changes, and provide accurate reliable documentation of all network services.
- Overall satellite engineering expertise to include reviewing customer requirements and proposing and analyzing approaches for satisfying them through design and integration within a global telecommunications network
- Engineering expertise for the enhancement of existing satellite architecture to reflect the dynamic evolution of the network' s telecommunications capabilities
- Provide engineering support to include managing SATCOM network allocation, administering SATCOM requirement processes, performing SATCOM link analysis, developing procedures and technical specifications for SATCOM
- Management of the SATCOM laboratory and SATCOM databases
- Coordination of the SATCOM circuit activities between vendors, installation teams and Government and commercial teleport personnel
- Performs system designs, developments and product verification testing on power, control systems, software, hardware, and equipment
- Develops the operations, management, integration & security requirements
- Develops and documents system architecture, including relevant user cases
- Develops security procedures for design reviews, and for operational monitoring, recording, and responding to security events
- Leads technical tests, deployments and support projects.
- SATCOM Network circuits
- SATCOM Network design
Job Type: Full Time