SENIOR DMZ NETWORK ENGINEER
SENIOR DMZ NETWORK ENGINEER
Candidate MUST HAVE a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance in order to be considered.
Program and Project Description:
Our client' s program manages the customer’ s Global Communication System and ensures that COMMS are up and running 100% of the time. They provide the engineering design services; software development; material procurement, logistics, integration, configuring, and shipping; installation; bandwidth procurement; operations; customer billing; and maintenance for terrestrial and satellite networks in hundreds of locations across the globe. They also interface with the end users at the hundreds of sites around the world to understand their current and future needs and coordinate new equipment installations or maintenance with them. They support terrestrial or satellite installation teams the opportunity to travel to places they’ ve only read about to install equipment that provides the new or upgraded services.
Looking for a candidate to work as part of a team of engineers developing secure WAN, LAN, and DMZ services for a world-wide area network. The candidate will lead network engineering projects focused on boundary control solutions, perimeter network solutions, and related network security tool solutions. The candidate will also provide security focused analysis of proposed changes to network transport systems.
- Responsible for developing and implementing solutions to satisfy architecture requirements.
- Must be able to design, support, troubleshoot, and recommend alternate solutions for a government customer network within a team work environment.
- Must be able to participate in engineering analysis and technical support on a variety of tasks.
- Must be able to develop network configuration scripts and transition plans.
- Must have foundational knowledge of BGP (EBGP/IBGP), OSPF, MPLS, and QoS strategies.
- Must have in-depth engineering experience in perimeter solutions, including the design, low level engineering, and delivery of new hardware systems for client applications across the enterprise DMZ.
- As a project technical lead, the successful candidate will be required to provide program management assistance and contribute input to help manage project schedules, risks, and costs.
- BS plus 12+ years of Network Engineering experience
- Experience with Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, and Email Security Appliances
- Experience engineering WAN, LAN, and DMZ Networks
- Experience writing creating network diagrams using Visio
- Expert knowledge of centralized authentication using Cisco Secure ACS or Cisco ISE
- Development and maintenance of High Level and Low Level Design documentation
- Experience building/operating various firewall platforms (Cisco ASA, Juniper Netscreen, Juniper SRX, Checkpoint, Fortinet)
- Experience working with IDS/IPS products (Cisco FireSIGHT, Fortinet, TippingPoint)
- Strong knowledge of network routing and switching DMZ Network infrastructure knowledge including topology, security policies, firewalls and the L2/L3 switch and router infrastructure
- CISCO and/or Juniper certifications
- CCNA Security, CISSP or CISM
- Juniper Networks Certified Specialist Security (JNCIS-SEC)
- Administrator level ability with UNIX (Linux or other variant) is highly desirable
- Administrator level ability with Windows is desirable
- Experience with Software-Defined Networking and Software-Defined WAN technology
Job Type: Full Time