SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
Candidate MUST HAVE a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance in order to be considered.
Program and Project Description:
Our client' s program manages the customer’ s Global Communication System and ensures that COMMS are up and running 100% of the time. They provide the engineering design services; software development; material procurement, logistics, integration, configuring, and shipping; installation; bandwidth procurement; operations; customer billing; and maintenance for terrestrial and satellite networks in hundreds of locations across the globe. They also interface with the end users at the hundreds of sites around the world to understand their current and future needs and coordinate new equipment installations or maintenance with them. They support terrestrial or satellite installation teams the opportunity to travel to places they’ ve only read about to install equipment that provides the new or upgraded services.
As part of the Network Engineering team, the candidate will conduct design, development, testing, and documentation in support of IP/MPLS network engineering solutions, upgrades and modification of the IP/MPLS network to satisfy services growth and expansion in accordance with organizational objectives.
- Plan and coordinate major IP/MPLS network initiatives in accordance and collaboration with the architectural objectives of the organization.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new network equipment and technologies in support of the network.
- Provide IP/MPLS network support of new and existing services and features.
- Utilize monitoring, performance analysis, network management techniques, software and hardware equipment to trouble shoot and isolate escalated issues, outages and network enhancement efforts.
- Troubleshoot IP/MPLS network problems quickly and help provide sound engineering solutions by maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the existing IP/MPLS Network architecture, topology, and configuration details.
- Support engineering level escalations for all operational outages in IP/MPLS network.
- Meet regularly with other network team leads and engineers to plan and coordinate efforts, and communicate changes.
- Provide internal consulting, technical guidance, information and support to company management and departmental clients.
- Develop and execute contingency plans for network software and hardware upgrades.
- Analyze current products and recommends changes/upgrades to management.
- Keep abreast of relevant technologies and maintain selected technical certifications.
- Document engineering solutions in accordance to in-house standards including but not limiting to the following documents:
- Detailed Engineering Requirements, Detailed Reference Design, and deliver detailed Integration Test Plan documents.
- Conduct quality, comprehensive LAB tests to prove viability of proposed engineering solutions
- BS, plus 8 years or 12+ years of relevant Network experience
- Network Design Engineering experience
- IP networking including routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, IS-IS)
- IP/MPLS network QoS technology (RSVP, Queuing, and Traffic Policing)
- IP/MPLS network security / Firewalls
- Cisco and Juniper routers, switches, and firewalls.
Job Type: Full Time