Candidates must have a TS/SCI security clearance and willing to sit for a Polygraph in order to be considered.
Our client is the prime on a large program that provides Support to the customer’ s Mission Engineering Systems. The program is broken down into a Tier1/Tier2 Service Desk, which provides 24 x 7 x 365 Systems Support and the team includes Systems Administration Support, as well as Network and Hardware Systems Support and Information Assurance / Information Security Support. They also have an Engineering team which provides Engineering Support for Networks, Web components for intranet services, Unix/Linux Systems and Mainframe Systems. They need a Software Engineer to help with integration back-end development for ingesting data to flow into and out of the mainframe they have in place, which is an IBM z/OS Mainframe.
- Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Participates in the design and coding of software products.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Prepares comprehensive test plans and conducts tests.
- Analyzes test results and recommends moderately complex corrections to more experienced software engineers.
- Designs and develops compilers, assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Provides research, design and development of the software systems, software applications and/or tools, but not limited to, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
- Develops enhancements, modifications and corrections to existing software.
- Codes, tests, integrates and documents software solutions.
- Applies principles and techniques of computer science, engineering and mathematical analysis.
- Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- BACK END JAVA Integration development
- Web Services development
- PKI/PKE enablement
- WebSphere application integration server
- DoD 8570 certified at the IASAE I level, which includes either a CASP, CISSP or CSSLP prior to starting on the contract.
Job Type: Full Time