Sr. Network Control Specialist
NETWORK CONTROL SPECIALIST
Candidate must have a TS/SCI security clearance in order to be considered
Program and Job Description:
The contract provides IT Support Services to the customer, including Service Desk (Help Desk and Desk Top), Application, Systems and Network Support Services. Their Computer Network Defense and Information Assurance (CND and IA) group provides Information Security (INFOSEC) to the customer’ s network. Because the customer allows their user community to access their personal email accounts while on site, there is a lot of spam hitting their network regularly. This contract is responsible for the 24 x 7 x 365 protection of the customer’ s network from maliciously intended viruses and attacks on their network. As part of this they are looking for Network Control Specialists to come and join their team in a rotational shift environment. The contract supports a number of geographically distributed locations throughout the United States in addition to a small number of OCONUS locations. Additionally on-site support may be required for activity levels above the norm, supporting such events are site equipment recapitalization or surge for launch support. Support is required at hundreds of smaller sites that don’ t have a permanent team presence and team members will be sent to these locations on an “ as needed” basis.
· The Network Control Specialist monitors networks to ensure availability to all users.
· They observe and control the status and performance of all components of network facilities.
· Identify, diagnose and resolve problems affecting network performance.
· Working knowledge of the terrestrial network infrastructure including hardware (routers, switches, etc.), technologies, (fiber, copper, etc.), protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, Spanning Tree, etc.) and WAN’ s (standard connectivity and data rate, etc.).
· Must possess experience with CISCO routers (1841’ s, 3745’ s, 3845’ s, 76XX’ s, etc.), routed networks, routed and routing protocols as well as in-depth knowledge of CISCO, Foundry and Juniper switches (i.e. CAT 3550’ s, CAT 3750’ s, CAT 6500’ s, FES 2402’ s, FES 4802’ s, etc.).
· Must have the ability to interpret and resolve customer requirements, perform configuration management of multiple IP networks, complete software updates of equipment, perform network troubleshooting, and improve network performance.
· CCNP certification
· Security+CE certification
· IAT, Level II DoD 8570.1 Information Assurance certification compliance.
· HP OpenView
· IATs must have an operating system, e.g. MCSA, MCP
Job Type: Full Time