Sr. SAP HCM Consultant
Sr. SAP HCM Consultant
Project Description: The client is a large organization that is looking for a Sr. SAP HCM consultant to join their team.
Daily Responsibilities: The SAP HCM consultant will be accountable for systems process analysis, design and simulation at the most complex level. Focused on process improvement, quality improvement, and re-engineering opportunities. They will function as a project manager or functional lead on mid-size to large projects. Responsible for the entire lifecycle of a project. Manages project team resources to successfully meet the project objectives in terms of functionality, time and cost.
The SAP HCM candidate must demonstrate strategic skills, able to move between big picture and details, work well with internal and external partners and the technical and executive leadership. They must be able to speak to both technical HR processes and have the ability to establish credibility with the HR business and the HRIT technical team.
The SAP HCM consultant must have a background in IT or HR who moved into HR PMO / HRIS management. They will come from a smaller company ideally (public or private) where they worked with all HR processes, not just one area. They must be comfortable working with global environments. They must understand that the US methodology is usually the odd way of doing things from an outside perspective. That the working hours tend to be any hour of the day, not just 9-5. They also must have the appreciation for data governance and data sensitivity.
The Sr. SAP HCM consultant must have strong ability to manage through evolving business strategies and decisions and manage to drive to and secure decisions in the evolving landscape. They must have the ability to manage multiple strong personalities in both direct and indirect reporting relationships. The SAP HCM consultant must have the ability to effectively prioritize and does not need to be micro-managed, they are a self-starter, problem solver and are willing to dive into the deep end. The SAP HCM consultant must take accountability, takes risks, and understand where the boundaries are to do those things without having to be told. They also must be passionate for this type of work even when it is overwhelming and balance their life in spite of it.
They will also:
- Follows standard project methodology
- Works on approved, prioritized projects and enhancements, following the clients existing change management and project management procedures. Informs his/her manager through periodic status reports detailing the progress of all on-going projects. Responsible for completing assignments in an accurate, timely and prioritized basis. Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and schedules work accordingly
The Sr. SAP HCM consultant must considers impact of project on existing Sarbanes Oxley controls. They will develop and manage the plan for their segment of the project
Coordinates the work for and motivates other resources to meet project objectives
Performs configuration and develops program specifications required to meet the project objectives
Identifies potential issues, which may impede delivering on business requirements, bringing those issues to the attention of the functional team leader or project sponsor and driving to resolution to obtain business results.
Work with and manage consultant(s) to ensure successful implementation of projects.
Provides expert advice and counsel to user management and IT project teams for systems and processes
Ensures results obtained satisfy client requirements and that the new business processes operate effectively and efficiently in the integrated system environment. Obtains written approval from client that change is completed to their satisfaction.
- Specific Knowledge Requirements
- Experience implementing SAP HCM, SuccessFactors, and HR related solutions
- Experience implementing or integrating Global HR Systems with payroll systems
- Strong knowledge of SAP HCM modules and their integration points
- Strong knowledge of SuccessFactors and integration points to SAP and HR related solutions
- Strong knowledge of HR business processes to be credible and influential with management and partners (Hire-to-Retire including, Recruitment, Onboarding, Talent Management, Performance Management, Compensation, Portals)
- Good knowledge of business software i.e. Word Processing, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Exchange or equivalents.
- Experience with SharePoint, Access, SQL or other database software
- Eight + years of working experience. Three years must be as a HRIS Lead/Manager in HR or in a technical (IT) position.
- Experience with operational support for multiple HR processes
- Experience with data governance of HRIS systems
- Experience with data integration of HRIS systems with other HR systems, including payroll, enterprise systems, infrastructure systems
Job Type: Contract