Virtual Systems Administrator
VIRTUAL SYSTEMS ADMIN
Candidates must have TS-SCI W/ CI poly
Our clients program provides technical solutions to a government customer to support the architecture and implementation of a new collaborative resource that will be moving to a cloud infrastructure. The role of an Virtual Systems Administrator is to maintain customized cloud functions in the program environment. The candidate should look forward to working very close to the mission and with cutting edge technology.
The candidate should be experienced in managing and maintaining tailored COTS solutions of virtualized application products using App-V and XenApp. The candidate will serve as an escalation point for Service Desk. They will monitor and remediate any system health concerns of application virtualization (App-V) systems within the production environment. They will support maintenance and updates of configuration or recovery documentation for designated systems. Ensure problems, error conditions, and system events are promptly and appropriately addressed.
SR Level: 8+ yrs exp.
Mid level- 4+ yrs exp.
- System administration of Citrix based solution
- Knowledge of features like Xen Desktop/App (Citrix Storefront), Microsoft RemoteFX, Citrix HDX, VMware View PCoIP, or Blast Extreme
- Hyper-V SCVMM (2012 preferred), Microsoft Server (2012 R2 preferred)
- Microsoft App-V or Softricity SoftGrid (Version 5.x preferred)
- Day-to-Day sustainment of a virtual/cloud environment
- Administration and sustainment experience in the following disciplines:
- Citrix Provisioning Services (PVS)
- XenApp Servers
- Citrix XenDesktop 7
- SQL Database 2014
- Experience with maintenance and troubleshooting IT systems
- Willingness to learn complex systems
Job Type: Full Time