Windows System Administrator
Bolling AFB, DC
Windows System Administrator
Candidate must have TS SCI and be willing to obtain POLY
Our client is prime on a government program. Their team is looking to bring on a seasoned Windows System administrator to support a mid-sized team in a dynamic environment.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The Administrator will support Windows server 2008 R2 & 2012 R2 to operate and maintain an application suite with thousands of users.
The Administrator will be responsible for ensuring systems are fully operating at high availability, rapidly troubleshooting and resolving systems issues, handling tickets and calls forwarded from the tier one help desk, as well as from team developers. Additionally, candidate will be required to consolidate hardware resources on Virtual Datacenters in an ever changing environment. Candidate must be familiar with creating baseline servers for cloning and configuring to customer needs. This includes rolling back VM snapshots and rebuilding servers with current patches. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for running smoke test build verifications and reporting discrepancies to team developers and testers. They need to have familiarity with ORACLE database environments on Windows servers.
Other responsibilities include deploying software patches, editing powershell scripts, limited SQLPlus configuration, normalizing incoming data, developing and running scripts, monitoring and configuring web application servers, generating and installing user certificates, providing technical assistance and consulting to the users, supporting the database administrators, act as SME for OS upgrade transitioning, & developing tools for managing the system.
Candidate must understand system hardening and security through the implementation of STIGs and Patching. In some circumstances the system administrator will need to update documentation operationally within XACTA. The candidate will troubleshoot network and application performance issues and recommend appropriate action. If systems issues and circumstances warrant it, the candidate must also be willing to come onsite during off-hours. The position is at a customer site & frequent customer interaction is required.
Candidate will work closely with Customer, Product Subject Matter Experts, End Users, & Software Engineers to ensure data and system integrity so communication is key.
- Strong Windows System Administration experience (with Windows servers 2008 at least, they are moving to Windows 2012)
- Must have Scripting Experience (powershell or SQL)
- Experience maintaining applications built on an Oracle database.
- Security+ cert
- Experience writing scripts to monitor system services, resources, data mine logs, etc.
- Writing SQL and PL/SQL to generate system data reports, modify data as necessary, etc.
- Familiarity w/troubleshooting Java, .NET applications, & Oracle applications
- Familiarity with XML Microsoft MCSA
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Knowledge of ORACLE
- Knowledge of CruiseControl continuous integration
- Knowledge of Apache Servers and/or WebLogic clustered servers.
- DODIIS security/builds familiarity a plus
Job Type: Full Time