Audio Visual Technician
6801 Rockledge Drive springfield, VA 20817
Audio Visual Technician
This Job requires an active TS SCI
The program is seeking an Audio Visual Technician to support the conference center for a specific customer.
They are seeking to build a team of Desktop/Voice-Video technicians who can perform multiple functions. This contract is not necessarily seeking people that have specialties, but seek people open to cross training and willing to apply their skills in multiple arears.
The Desktop Support/Voice-Video technicians provides PC, telephone, and voice and video conference support across several duties. This program is responsible for infrastructure and set up as well as deployment of systems.
Day to Day responsibilities:
The selected people will be unpacking and setting up PCs installing PC operating systems via scripted install packages and Installing application software on PCs via scripted install packages Providing basic user support for the software; PC, telephone and video troubleshooting when operation errors occur.
They will be providing limited support related to microcomputer networks and providing user training in basic hardware and software functions as well as performing all administration involved with PC (desktop/notebooks) distribution.
These Duties include:
• Performing inventory on software and computer stock and making request for order or ordering new equipment
• Perform service center technology support which may include duties such as installing an IP phone, installing COTS – GOTS software using scripts and install packages, service center technology trouble shooting when operation errors occur
• Work closely with other members of Service Operations team, Service Design and Service Transition personnel and other IT technical and applications staff.
• Support network and locally attached printers
• Use of the Support Center ticket database to track, update and close tickets.
• Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
• Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
- Working knowledge of SIP, ISM, H323, H320, H.460, TLS, RTP, SRTP, TCP/IP, and UDP; content control protocols; video compression standards; packet analyzers; routing protocols and networking fundamentals; Tandberg, Polycom, and Cisco video and voice technologies.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Full working knowledge of commercial construction methods such as ceiling deck construction, wall framing, structural engineering, electrical wiring, and cable/fiber installation
- Experience with life cycle refreshment projections for VTC infrastructure and AV equipment
- Security Plus Cert