Candidate MUST HAVE a TS/SCI and Polygraph security clearance in order to be considered.
The contract provides Computer Network Defense and Analysis (CND) to the customer’ s network. Because the customer allows their user community to access their personal email accounts while on site, there is a lot of spam hitting their network regularly. This contract is responsible for the 24 x 7 x 365 protection of the customer’ s network from maliciously intended viruses and attacks on their network.
- Determine user requirements and design specifications for computer networks.
- Plan and implement network upgrades.
- Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades.
- Design, build, or operate equipment configuration prototypes, including network hardware and software.
- Develop conceptual, logical, or physical network designs.
- Develop procedures to track, project, or report network availability, reliability, capacity, or utilization.
- Use tools such as Splunk to Monitor and analyze network performance and data input/output reports to detect problems, identify inefficient use of computer resources, or perform capacity planning.
- Prepare or monitor project schedules, budgets, or cost control systems.
- Prepare detailed network specifications, including diagrams, charts, equipment configurations, and recommended technologies.
- Research and test new or modified hardware or software products to determine performance and interoperability.
- Deep understanding of network communication protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, SMTP, SFTP, etc.)
- Prior experience configuring, tuning, and maintaining IDS/IPS devices
- Advanced experience designing and implementing networks using layer 2 and layer 3 network devicesExperience with one or more of the following:
- Network controlled interfaces routers/switches and Firewalls.
- IBM Site Protector
- IDS/IPS engineering and tuning.
- Web and email security applications / appliances.
- Demonstrated 5 years knowledge and hands-on experience with network security applications, protocols and associated hardware.
- Threat Intelligence and visualization technologies
- A bachelor’ s degree in systems engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or other closely related discipline.
- Advanced IDS/IPS vendor certifications
Job Type: Full Time