ISSO Level 2
ISSO Level 2
Candidates must have a Secret Clearance
The contract is looking for an assertive and self-confident Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to partner with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM), program and government customers to perform the duties as an ISSO located in Boulder, CO This is a multi-tasking environment that demands customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
The ISSO will oversee day-to-day information system (IS) security operations including hardware and software implementations. Under general direction, the ISSO carries out technical administration of IS in accordance with internal LM and customer security requirements, primarily using Joint Security Implementation Guide (JSIG) guidance but also supporting the ISSM with Defense Security Service (DSS) Risk Management Framework (RMF) documentation. Ability to work independently as well as in a teaming environment. Adaptable to diverse office situations, procedures and demands.
-Industry standard IA certification- i.e CISSP, CISM, Sec +, etc.
-Documents compliance actions within the approved automated compliance tracking system or develops a plan of actions and milestones (POAM) with the information systems security manager (ISSM) to address non-compliance in the allotted timeframe.
- Develop, maintain, and update security documentation to include SSP, SCTM, Continuous Monitoring, POAMs, RAR, SAR, etc.
- Ensures configuration management (CM) for security-relevant IS software, hardware, and firmware is maintained and documented in accordance with baseline.
-Knowledgeable of information technology security technical principles, Information Assurance methodologies and concepts
-IS auditing experience and knowledgeable of OS security requirements
- Ensures records are maintained for workstations, software, servers, routers, firewalls, network switches, telephony equipment, etc. throughout the information system' s life cycle.
-Demonstrated technical experience for Windows, Networks, UNIX, and Linux operating systems
-In depth experience in system hardening, analysis, and vulnerability management
-Hands on experience with IA tools
- Develop, implement and enforce Information Security Policies and Procedures together with ISSM and FSO
- Review and oversee Information Systems Security Plans / SSP (Certification/Accreditation) together with ISSM and FSO
Job Type: Full Time