LINUX DEV OPS SYS ADMIN
LINUX DEV OPS SYS ADMIN
Candidate must have a TS/SCI security clearance with a polygraph in order to be considered
Program and Job Description:
Our client was recently awarded a contract with the VA customer that is responsible for a large Declassifcation effort. The program manages a ton of paperwork and they ideally would like to move their applications, tools and documents up in the C2S cloud. They are looking for a Senior level, Lead DevOps Linux Systems Administrator.
Their environment consists of VMWare ESX, VSphere, and VCenter, RedHat Linux, Ancible, Puppet, Chef, Zookeeper, SAN for several large enterprise enclaves. The candidate must have excellent listening, writing and collaboration skills, and must have an excellent personality in order to be able to work with the team. In this role they will be expected to help not only use their RedHat Linux experience, but also be able to use their DevOps experience to help them manage the roughly hundreds of servers and use their scripting experience to help them scale this Elastic-Search environment.
Systems Administrator to perform system administration to work on domain level management of groups, policies and users; perform updates, patches and virus definition updates; provide technical support including password resets, unlocking accounts, re-imaging machines, software support, back-ups and recovery, and customer support. They will apply group policies, disable unnecessary services, remove unused applications, etc. of workstations and servers.
- Expert in installing and configuring middleware products (ie Tomcat, MySql, etc.)
- Expert in writing and debugging shell scripts
- Experience in writing and debugging automation scripts (ie Puppet, Chef or Ansible)
- Experience in supporting production systems (backups, monitoring system health, monitoring system audit logs)
- Experience with DevOps automation tools (GitHub/GitLab, Subversion), automated builds and deployments (Jenkins)
- Ability to adapt to a constantly evolving work environment
- Ability to work well with others, independently and in a team, including those from other offices and/or contracts
- Excellent communications skills
- BS/BA in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or similar OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least one year experience with AWS
- Database administration (backups, recovery, performance tuning, Oracle, SQL Server, My SQL)
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with the customer’ s classified network
Job Type: Full-Time