SOFTWARE Engineer Expert
12900 Federal Systems Park Drive Fairfax, VA
Software Developer Expert
This job requires a Secret level clearance
This Program is Software Developer with Java development experience to contribute to the design and development of an application with large scale data ingestion. The successful candidate should possess strong problem solving skills and be able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision. This position requires knowledge of Agile software processes and development tools, with experience applying them to software development projects. This program is responsible for cloud innovation for the customer.
Day to Day:
The Developer will be expected to:
Conduct/participate in multidisciplinary planning, design, and development of complex, software systems, applications and/or databases, including web applications, layout, and user interfaces.
Design, develop and modify new applications and implement enhancements to existing applications
Perform corrective, adaptive, and software maintenance on the software baseline.
Ensure software compliance standards are met.
Develop supporting technical documentation including requirements and design documents and end user operational instructions.
More importantly this person will need to be able to explain, conduct, develop, and test LAMBDA within the cloud.
Support regular customer interaction through memos, status meetings, and technical exchanges.
• 5 years of experience as an AWS practitioner to include significant experience with CloudFormation and Linux (strong background)
• AWS Lambda and/or video streaming
• Technical experience with increasing levels of responsibility providing technical oversight, stakeholder management and participation, and problem resolution
• Experience with AWS or other public cloud services, preferably including S3, SQS, RDS, API Gateway, and Lamba.
• Experience with Agile/SaFE methodology
• Experience with DevOps processes, preferably CloudFormation or Chef
• Experience with Programming Languages such as Java, C++, Python, Ruby, Perl, for example
• Experience with Development tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, for example
• Strong communication skills at all levels both technical and non-technical
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and 7+ years’ experience.
• Certified as an AWS Solutions Architect – Associate Level (minimum)