Senior Software Engineer
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Candidate must have a secret security clearance in order to be considered
Program and Job Description:
Our client has had this program for almost 40 years and it supports the Air Force at multiple locations CONUS and OCONUS. The function of this program is to build, maintain, and modify a large data collection management system including from the sensors, all the way down into the data repositories. It has about 225 people on the program, most of which sit in Littleton, CO. A large number are located at the field sites maintaining systems and providing support to the systems operators. Their software engineering team is made up of 80 to 90 developers, ranging from junior to senior. This is broken out over 8 product teams. They have recently gone down the path for agile development head first initially with 2 of the 8 teams. More specifically, they are using SAFe 4.0 agile development methodology. They are running 3 week sprints in addition to their daily 10AM scrum meeting. The system was built in C++ on a UNIX/SOLARIS platform. They are in the process of porting over the legacy baseline code into more current technologies of Java on a RedHat LINUX platform. They are also getting involved with the Cloud, Amazon servers, Puppet, and Chef.
The candidate will be expected to roll up their sleeves and hit the ground running on day 1 developing software doing any of the follwing; backend development of creating new databases, algorithm development, GUI creation, sensor tranlations, web services development, virtualization deployment, and integration deployment.
The candidate will also be expected to transfer any of their knowledge with Agile/Iterative development to lesser experienced software developers on the team.
9/80 scheduling available.
- Programming Languages
- Java, J2EE, Shell Scripting, Perl
- Software architecture and object oriented design
- Database architecture and design
- Data modeling, architecture, and design
- Enterprise architecture and distributed computing
- Web services, JMS, XML, XSLT, EJB 3.0
- Domain Expertise
- AF DCGS enterprise and local network/system/security infrastructure and administration
- AF DCGS user experience – strategize, design, and implementation
- SIGINT data/technology and Multi-INT data fusion and exploitation
- NoSQL Databases - MongoDB
- J2EE Containers - JBoss
- Application design and development, resource allocation
- Container configuration, administration, and performance tuning
- Virtual machines, packaging, jumpstarts/kickstarts
- Security engineering, Automated test development, SoapUI
Job Type: Full Time