annapolis junction Fort Meade, MD
Principle Software Developer
Program requires a TS SCI with Polygraph
The Program is seeking a motivated Senior Software Developer to help Deploy and sustain our products/systems as well as an automate and streamline our operations and processes. This person will be coming to a development environment and help assist with Dev Ops.
Day to Day:
This person will come in and work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and sustain our products/systems as well as help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
They will help all parties build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, operations and sustainment as well as troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments. They wll need to support and manage IAVA updates for systems. They will also update Ansible to Deploy new software to meet new security requirements (for instance virus scanning software) in addition to managing Virtual Machines through Infrastructure/Platform as a Service resource.
(8) years in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required;
(5) years developing software using the Java programming language.
(2) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last eight (8) years.
(2) years demonstrated experience developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX and Linux (Redhat versions 3--5) operating systems.
(5) years in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing;
Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of software systems with functional requirements within a CMMI Level 2 process structure;
Experience " wrapping" legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework;
Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products;
Developing of Framework infrastructure and services within one of the SOA design patterns;
Experience with performance tuning and optimization of service-based Framework infrastructure and services;
Experience in development within the Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE);
Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of Hadoop and Map Reduce frameworks;