13560 Dulles Technology Drive Herndon, VA 20171
Program requires a TS-SCI
This program is a development effort that has migrated their systems to the Cloud. They are constantly building and interfacing large scale applications that interface with Mapping Libraries and tools. The program works in an Agile Software development environment that also utilizes automated testing and object oriented languages. This program utilizes virtualization and constantly looking to build 2D and 3D Geospacial intelligence visualization tools.
Day to day:
This person is going to come in and work with both front and back end development. They will be using
Map of the world as their main tool. They will be interfacing with GIS Systems and Tools like ArcGIS, OGC Services, KML, Cesium, and more. This person will deal with daily SCRUM and working in an AGILE environment. They will also be responsible for testing the code they produce on occasion preferably AUTOMATED testing. They will be responsible for helping develop and build 2D and 3D tools as well as virtualization tools for Geospacial intelligence visualization tool.
- 2. 4+ yrs experience building back end Java web based applications through the use of JSP, Struts or similar technologies
- 3. Experience interfacing with GIS Systems and Tools such as ArcGIS, OGC Services, KML or Web Mapping Libraries such as OpenLayers and Cesium
- 4.Experience working on an Agile Software Development Team with complete understanding of the Agile principles and real world application of those principles
- 5.Experience writing Unit Tests for developed software. Additional experience with automated testing using tools such as Karma, Grunt and Jenkins is preferred.
- Familiar with deploying software to enterprise application containers such as JBoss
- Working knowledge and experience integrating with database systems such as MySQL, and PostgreSQL/PostGIS via hibernate
- Familiar with writing client applications in Java that interact with SOAP or REST based services
- MAP of the world and 2d or 3d virtualization experience
- Familiar with virtualization technologies with an emphasis on cloud environments such as AWS or C2S and experience leveraging deployment automation technologies such as Chef
- Proficient with the Linux operating system, Red Hat preferred (able to navigate the environment and develop automation scripts)
- Familiarity with GeoRSS/GeoJSON/GML/KML/XML are a plus