Splunk Engineer- Tier 2/Tier 3
Splunk Security Engineer
Background: The Splunk Engineer will design, develop, recommend, and implement the Splunk security platform and Splunk modules. The specialist will provide configuration and technical support for multiple client configurations and interface with the client in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs.
Daily Requirements: The candidate will be responsible to drive customer adoption and success of Splunk solutions into their environment. Customer success is achieved by driving initiatives designed to add business value, dissemination of best practices, fulfilling a trusted advisor role, education of product capabilities and engaging in other professional services as necessary. He/she provides guidance/direction to customers on how to best get value from Splunk products, including troubleshooting on-site. The Engineer will work with customers to help drive adoption of Splunk products and services while providing product feedback to product management based on field experiences.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of Cyber IT Years of experience and a 4-year degree or 7 years of progressively technical work culminating with Cyber Security
- Must have at least 5 years of hands on SPLUNK experience
- Hands on experience with Splunk including: design, implementation, demonstration’ s, architecture and deployments
- Experience integrating 3rd-Party applications such as FireSight, Tanium, SyslogNg, etc.
- Preferred Certifications (two (2) of three (3): Certified Network Security Engineer (Palo Alto CNSE), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Experience in the development and implementation of secure network architectures to include secure zones and access protections.
- Experience with MTIPS architecture, configurations, and service providers.
- Experience with the configuration and management of Intrusion Protection Systems
- Experience with the configuration, deployment and operation of anti-virus and anti-malware solutions.
Job Type: Full Time