System Admin (OCONUS)
13560 Dulles Technology Drive Herndon, VA 20171
This job requires a ts-SCI
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide technical support for the program- This program is responsible for deploying systems across the world and maintaining anad teaching the functionality of these systems across the world. This particular team is responsible for deploying, updating, testing, and accrediting Enterprise and External systems.
Day to Day:
The candidate is required to coordinate across multiple groups, organizing site deployments, decommission systems, and system accreditations following established customer procedures, often involving multiple stakeholders. They will be responsible for maintaining a GVS external system, and would have to coordinate activities across multiple customer stakeholders. The candidate will be responsible for leading the Operations team for new system deployments and accreditation and regular system updates and maintenance. They will work with the coordination with site ISP, accreditation team, and testing organization, ensuring systems are properly tested/configured/deployed at all stages of their lifecycle. They will need to report the system status and conducting weekly customer tag-ups, providing user outreach and training to in-theater personnel. They will also apply various operating system patches (Windows Server, ESXi Server and RedHat Enterprise Linux), as well as applying COTS/FOSS patches (Apache, JBoss, Tomcat, PostgreSQL). They will also serve as the person to help assisting system stakeholders with identifying and resolving all system issues. They will need to investigate the system issues as reported by various users. The candidate will need to understand user workflows and be able to diagnose application issues that are causing unexpected results for the user. They will create documentation to support systems engineering, deployment, and user engagement functions. They also will serve as the person to help improve the Baseline to Eliminate user facing issues to improve user workflows.
• Operating Systems experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, ESXi (virtualization), VMware, and Windows Server (with an emphasis on Linux servers)
• Systems Administration experience, including ability to install O/S patches and troubleshoot on Windows and Linux systems
• Experience operating in a virtualized environment and in an Application Service Provider (ASP) – Infrastructure Service Provider (ISP) relationship.
• Ability to provide systems integration with COTS/GOTS applications
• Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodologies
-JBOSS, Google Earth, ESRI ArcGIS, ESRI Portal for ArcGIS, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Drupal, NodeJS)
Experience working directly with the customer on a daily basis
• Ability to communicate effectively and work in an isolated environment
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Strong presentation skills (all levels of management / customer)
• Familiar with VMWare client
• Amazon AWS experience a plus
• Experience writing and maintaining Linux shell scripts and Windows Powershell scripts
• Familiarity with Linux and Windows OS patching using tools such as Red Hat Satellite Server, yum, WSUS, and SCCM
• Experience working with external partners such as GIMS, NES, MIDB, GEOAxIS, etc.
• Knowledge of network and storage technologies (Cisco and NetApp specifically)
• Familiarity with the geospatial domain and technologies (Google Earth, Google Maps, ArcGIS, OpenLayers, WMS, WFS, KML)
• Systems Architecture, especially how the hardware, network, and storage components fit together
• Experience with Web servers (Apache)
• Scripting languages (Linux Shell, PHP, Perl, Python)
• NetApp experience, including Data ONTAP
• Trouble shooting skills for network, server, and application outages