Windows Sys Admin
WINDOWS SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
Candidate must have a TS/SCI security clearance in order to be considered
Program and Job Description:
The contract provides IT Support Services to the customer, including Service Desk (Help Desk and Desk Top), Application, Systems and Network Support Services. Their Computer Network Defense and Information Assurance (CND and IA) group provides Information Security (INFOSEC) to the customer’ s network. Because the customer allows their user community to access their personal email accounts while on site, there is a lot of spam hitting their network regularly. This contract is responsible for the 24 x 7 x 365 protection of the customer’ s network from maliciously intended viruses and attacks on their network. As part of this they are looking for a System Administrator to come and join their team. The contract supports a number of geographically distributed locations throughout the United States in addition to a small number of OCONUS locations.
- Position will require after hours support for server patching rotation.
- Tier 2 Sys Admin support for customers across the Enterprise.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Sec+CE certification
- 2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Active Directory account management
- Data migrations DFS\DFSR knowledge
- Windows 7 troubleshooting and OS deployment
- Application troubleshooting- Outlook; Word; Excel; Java; IE etc Service Desk
- Microsoft Office 2010/2016 support
- Profile rebuilds
- Permissions request
- Security group creation and management
- Citrix VDI support
Job Type: FT