Algorithm Designer/ Software Engineer
Algorithm Designer/Software Engineer
Candidates must have TS-SCI CI Poly
The contract is looking for an assertive and self-confident Algorithm Designer/Software Engineer to partner with the program and government customers to perform the duties as an Algorithm Developer/Software Engineer located in Springfield, VA. This is a multi-tasking environment that demands customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
The candidate will help advance the mission of NGA’ s Office of Special Programs performing duties including algorithm and tool design, creation, and maintenance, technology transition, algorithm verification and validation, and software test. Engage with users to understand needs an analytic strength/weakness of developed algorithms. Perform data analysis to identify algorithms technical limitations or defects, document findings and suggest solutions. Process/manipulate geospatial data and provide recommendations to provide additional utility beyond manual exploitation. Interact professionally with senior-level executives and other personnel prioritizing and accomplishing assigned tasks in a fast-paced environment with deadlines.
- MA/MS programing, computer science disciplines plus work experience (8+ years)
- Working knowledge of Oracle, Java, C++, Linux, HTML, Python and/or parallel processing algorithms
- Experience with designing, testing, and modifying data processing algorithms using real and/or surrogate data.
- Experience with designing, testing, and modifying geospatial big-data processing algorithms
- Experience enabling implementation in either Python or Java suitable for a cloud-based architecture using Spark, Elastic Search and/or Hadoop.
- Experience in GEOINT, SOM (NGA), data science, imagery science, GIS domains
- Familiarity with systems integration, software test and V&V activities
- Familiarity with the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency’ s mission and structure.
- Familiarity with the Office of Special Programs mission and structure.
Job Type: FT