BI Project Manager
BI Project Manager
This client is a provider of managed services for data and database admin. They have about 1, 000 employees. They run Oracle Cloud and other ERP systems and are handling a lot of conversion projects currently.
This client is looking for a BI Project Manager to come in and oversee a team that is building a data warehouse. This position will coordinate and manage specific enterprise data warehousing/ business intelligence projects within the BI/ Analytics team.
This resource must have a solid understanding of both BI and data warehousing and the processes that go along with both. This person will be overseeing a team that will do the hands-on work, but if they do not have a solid functional understanding themselves then they will not be a good fit.
Some of the day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and present comprehensive scope and definition documents that detail project objectives, scope, reporting strategy, resource requirements, and stakeholders.
- Define and gain concurrence on success criteria for delivery of the project, and the ways in which success will be measured.
- Define tasks, milestones, and deliverables that meet stated project objectives.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, and manage resources including coordinating time tracking for team members, adjusting assignments as necessary to accommodate issues, scope or timeline changes, revised work estimates and/or resource availability constraints.
- Collect and analyze actual costs, time and scope to ensure delivery against the plan.
- Monitor and communicate progress based on team members' task-specific status updates.
- Develop and maintain risk analyses, risk mitigation strategy, and issue logs.
- Resolve issues as they develop and insure the proper communication of resolutions.
- Develop and implement the communication plan for key messages, project updates, and key decisions that will be used throughout the project.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders including executives, data stewards and SME' s, other key projects and end-users.
- Prepare executive summaries of project status, risks and issues
- Oversee and assure adherence to DW / BI methodology standards and best practices
- Administer the quality assurance process that will ensure the overall quality and continual improvement of the project deliverables.
- Project Management experience – 7+ years
- BI Project Management Experience
- Knowledge of data warehousing
Job Type: Contract