Candidate must have TS SCI and Polygraph in order to be considered.
Our clients program provides cyber operational efficiency to help our customers reduce their exposure to cyber threats. The team is looking to bring on a Cyber Analyst with the ability to perform the procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Find potential intrusions from seemingly benign audit logs or IDS alerts.
- Create new techniques to compress time-intensive tasks into work that can be completed faster.
- Evaluate and organize disparate sources of data to create a timeline of events and evaluate as a potential intrusion.
- Catch the subtle cues of network traffic across the OSI stack to recognize and understand the meanings and implications of observed traffic.
- Take apart a piece of malware to understand its attack vector and its most likely purpose.
- Work with system owners to identify and correct misconfigurations.
- Establish and grow relationships with other security operations centers, industry partners, and agencies to share best practices, tools and tippers.
- Take on perspective of adversary and look at the structure of a network and supported mission to assess areas of exploitable vulnerabilities.
- Perform Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognize potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Communicate alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Assist with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensure the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Perform periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- IDS Anomaly Detection
- Incident Response experience
Job Type: Full Time