CND Watch Officer
Ft. Meade, MD
CND Watch Officer
Candidate must have a TS/SCI security clearance.
The contract is responsible for protecting the defense information network. The program supports multiple customers in supporting real-time threat detection and analysis. The team is responsible for the 24 x 7 x 365 protection of the customer’ s network from maliciously intended viruses and attacks on their network.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Coordinate Computer Network Defense (CND) operations with DoD Component Commands/Services/Agencies/Field Activities (CC/S/A/FA) and monitor and report effect of DCO-IDM operations on CC/S/A/FA missions.
Have knowledge of DoD Computer Network Defense with an understanding of the lifecycle of the network threats, attack vectors, and network vulnerability exploitation.
Primary duties will require the candidate to work as part of a team, however, the candidate must be able to work independently (where required) to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
Day to day responsibilities may include:
- Incident handling
- Triage of events
- Network analysis and threat detection
- Trend analysis
- Metric development
- Vulnerability information dissemination
- DoD CSSP methodology
- SIEM Tool Experience (ArcSight, Splunk, Wireshark, etc)
- Experience with various Microsoft technologies such as MS Office 2013 and Sharepoint
- Bachelor' s degree in a relevant technical discipline and 6+ years of overall related experience. 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree
- Familiarization with STIGs process and structure
- Knowledge of the DoD orders process
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ce.
- ITIL V3
- Experience briefing Senior Leaders
Job Type: Full Time