CND Watch Officer
Ft. Meade, MD
CND Watch Officer
Candidate must have a TS/SCI security clearance.
The contract is responsible for protecting the defense information network. The program supports multiple customers in supporting real-time threat detection and analysis. The team is responsible for the 24 x 7 x 365 protection of the customer’ s network from maliciously intended viruses and attacks on their network.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Coordinate Computer Network Defense (CND) operations with DoD Component Commands/Services/Agencies/Field Activities (CC/S/A/FA) and monitor and report effect of DCO-IDM operations on CC/S/A/FA missions.
Have knowledge of DoD Computer Network Defense with an understanding of the lifecycle of the network threats, attack vectors, and network vulnerability exploitation.
Day to day responsibilities may include:
- Obtain and maintain a working knowledge of the current status of Orders issued by JFHQ-DODIN, and subordinate organizations compliance with issued orders
- Provide near real time situational monitoring of an aligned AO to achieve, sustain, and present a near real time situational understanding of the AO’ s operational environment.
- Tracking ongoing operations, the posture and disposition of friendly forces and adversary activity
- Monitoring, consuming and analyzing operational, intelligence, and incident reporting
- Monitoring and querying Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools (e.g., Splunk, ArcSight, McAfee Network Security Manager, etc.) for anomalous activity
- Collect, analyze and distribute Indicators of Compromise (IOC) in support of the development and implementation of DOD countermeasures
- Develop metrics to measure the effectiveness of practices and controls to mitigate threats and vulnerabilities; and develop dashboards that illustrate the effectiveness of risk mitigation over time.
- Coordinate DODIN Operations and Defensive Cyber Operations with DOD cyber components; obtain situation reports, incident response efforts, and obtain information for briefings, presentations, or other situational awareness products used to inform senior leadership
- SIEM Tool Experience (ArcSight, Splunk, Wireshark, etc)
- Knowledge of Windows and/or Unix operating systems
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN design and general internetworking technologies
- Knowledge of security principles, approaches, and technologies (Defense-in-Depth)
- Knowledge of IT security architecture and design (firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, Endpoint protection)
- Experience briefing Senior Leaders
- Knowledge of DOD Cyberspace Operations (JP 3-12)
- Knowledge of the DoD orders process
- Knowledge of DOD’ s Cyber Incident Handling Program (CJCSM 6510.01B)
- Knowledge of DODIN Transport (DODI 8010.01)
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity Activities Support to DODIN Operations (DODI 8530.01)
- Familiarity with Joint Reporting Structure guidance (CJCSM 3150.05D, CJCSM 3150.07E)
- Familiarity with conducting risk assessments (NIST SP 800-30 Rev 1, Guide for Conducting Risk Assessments; DODIN Risk Assessment Methodology)
- Familiarity with enhancing trust in email (NIST SP 800-177, Trustworthy Email guidance)
- Working knowledge of DOD Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) Viewer
- Working knowledge of Packet Capture (PCAP) and analysis (Noesis, Wireshark)
- Working knowledge of DOD Boundary and SIEM Tools (DISA Enterprise Collaborative Operational Sensor suite JRSS, etc.)
- DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II or higher; Security+ce.
Job Type: Full Time