COMPUTER FORENSICS ANALYST
COMPUTER FORENSICS ANALYST
Candidate MUST HAVE a TS/SCI and Polygraph security clearance in order to be considered.
Our client’ s program provides technical and operational cyber security solutions (HUMINT, SIGINT and Information Operations - IO) support to the customer’ s mission operations area. They are looking for a Computer Forensics Analyst to come in and provide technical support to some of the most unique and intriguing mission operations the customer has to offer. Currently, they have a Software Reverse Engineer doing some tool development that will them extract necessary intelligence information and isolate, manipulate and fully exploit operational information for the customer, and they want this Forensics person to be able to help them sure up the tools in case they last in the wrong hands. They shall use a variety of computer and network forensic tools and methods, scripting or macro languages, various software applications and languages, operating system tools, databases or database tools to enable the extraction, loading and ultimately, the exploitation of data.
The candidate will be working hand in hand with the SW-RE doing Red Teaming, etc to ensure that the Disc management and exploitation tools are vulnerability free.
More specifically, they will:
- Provide software, hardware, and wireless support, including mobile forensic examination to the client based on submitted requirements for functionality and use of developed tools.
- Display technical comprehension of relationships, dependencies, and hardware and software component requirements.
- Interpret submitted documentation, including user and functional requirements and develop forensic examination reports according to a template to be provided to the client as a final deliverable.
- Apply technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field, leverage knowledge of related fields, provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems, and create solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Work independently and collaboratively to determine and develop an approach to solutions and perform work that is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Collaborate with interorganizational and outside customer contacts frequently and represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- 10-15 years of experience overall
- 5+ years of experience as a Computer Forensics Analyst
- Experience with system engineering and computing platforms, including Windows, OSX, and Linux
- Experience with forensic analysis techniques, including traditional disk image analysis, memory analysis, and malware analysis or static and dynamic reverse engineering
- Experience with COTS forensics products, including EnCase, SIFT, X-Ways, and FTK
- Ability to analyze deficiencies in tested tools and provide risk assessment of unresolved anomalies
- Ability to document or present forensic findings during a formal review before peers or clients
- Ability to work in an environment of rapidly changing requirements in support of the client mission
- Ability to be a self-starter, work with vague requirements, perform studies or demos, and investigate new technologies
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively within a diverse team
- BS degree required
- Experience with computer networking and network traffic analysis preferred
- Experience with writing scripts in Python
- Possession of one or more forensics Certifications, including GCFE, CCI, GREM, CHFI, GCFA, or CCFP
Job Type: FT