CYBER SECURITY ENGINEER SME
CYBER SECURITY ENGINEER SME
Candidate MUST HAVE a TS/SCI and Polygraph security clearance in order to be considered.
The contract provides Computer Network Defense and Analysis (CND) to the customer’ s network. Because the customer allows their user community to access their personal email accounts while on site, there is a lot of spam hitting their network regularly. This contract is responsible for the 24 x 7 x 365 protection of the customer’ s network from maliciously intended viruses and attacks on their network.
- Candidates will bring a big picture view from and Enterprise perspective in order to get the most out of their systems and be required to support the deployment, configuration, and administration of the customer Security Incident Event Management (SIEM) platform. The position requires the candidate be a self-starter and work well with other security teams to support cyber security operations. A wide range of knowledge and skills are needed such as ArcSight ESM, system administration, network engineering, and cyber security architecture design.
- The Subject Matter Expert will be responsible for creating consensus to implement Cyber projects, which include evaluation of new and existing tools, technologies and approaches.
- Provide insight into industry trends and make recommendations for new cyber security technologies
- Provide insight into the latest cyber threats and countermeasures
- Drive Cyber Defense Initiatives within a large, complex organization
- Work with groups and utilize influence to bring them together to meet organizational goals
- Ensure that the Government’ s cyber defense protections are effective, and make recommendations on the way forward to state of the art
- Coordinate with staff management to ensure compliance with all applicable requirements for engineering projects
- Lead projects or investigations into specific technology or solutions issues, shepherd research and piloting of new capabilities with project engineers and/or partner organizations
- BS in EE, CS, Cyb Sec, Comp Eng or Math
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in Cyber Security, InfoSec, Security Engineering, Network Engineering with emphasis in cyber security
- Experience creating complex system designs, resolving engineering problems, and proposing prevention strategies
- 8570 Compliance at the IAT Level III (CISSP or CEH)
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, technical writing, communications, and briefing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of and ability to develop solutions for access controls, security architecture and design, cryptography, and application security
Job Type: Full Time