Call Center System Admin (Unix/Linux)
Bolling AFB, DC
Operational System Admin (Unix/Linux)
Candidate must have TS SCI and be willing to sit for Poly
Our client is prime on a government program. They are looking to add an Operational System Admin to their team immediately.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The Operational System Administrator is responsible for providing operational support to the end-users, troubleshoot any reported issues or anomalies discovered, monitor the application and components of the application and ultimately ensure the application remains operational to perform the mission the application supports. There will be Tier 1/Tier 2 support, with some Tier 3 support.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Resolve end-user issues reported via support phone or trouble ticket reporting application.
- Monitor the application and components to ensure the application remains online and is accessible to end-users
- Monitor/review application and system log files for any anomalies
- Use administrative tools built into the application to resolve issues and update picklist items as required
- Use command line tools to identify and resolve more complex application, database or data related issues
- Work with the Engineering team to address and resolve more complex issues
The ideal candidate will be able to solve problems quickly in high-stress situations and have good communication skills to build strong client relationships and maintain their confidence.
- Comfortable using Command Line Interface (CLI) and command line editors
- Working knowledge of supporting web-based applications
- Working knowledge of Linux/UNIX Operating System (O/S)
- Must be comfortable doing queries, and troubleshooting databases (they use PostGres)
- Security + or DOD 8570 (must be able to obtain Sec + while on program)
- Prior military or experience working with military organizations and personnel
Job Type: Contract