Cyber Incident Analyst
Ft. Meade, MD
Cyber Incident Analyst
Candidate must have a TS/SCI security clearance.
The contract is responsible for protecting the defense information network. The program supports multiple customers in supporting real-time threat detection and analysis. The team is responsible for in depth analysis of cyber incidents and briefing senior leadership on how to improve defensive cyber operations.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will support the analysis of software/hardware vulnerabilities and the impact those vulnerabilities will have to DoD systems, use this expertise to identify priority level for vulnerability fix actions and contribute to the mitigation strategies that can be implemented prior to the release of a vendor fix action.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Establish communications with vendors for the release of newly identified vulnerabilities and to ensure they understand the specialized requirements of DoD information systems.
- Compile daily, weekly and annual vulnerability metrics associated with affected and non-affected DoD products.
- Identify, analyze, and develop mitigation or remediation actions for system and network vulnerabilities. Prioritize identified vulnerabilities based upon severity, potential operational impact, and other factors for DoD. Analyze issues affecting DoD components with vendor provided fixes and contact the appropriate vendor for a defined and attainable solution.
- Provide notification of potential threats by tracking vulnerabilities and exploits, propagation of worms and viruses as they migrate throughout DoD and globally. Monitor the progress of internal and external organizations to ensure IAVM operational requirements are fulfilled for Government review.
- Previous tools experience working with Joint Incident Management System or other ticketing systems.
- Knowledge of cyber incident handling process and procedures.
- Experience in an Operations Center providing Senior Leaders specified reports based on information received from supporting units.
- Have working knowledge of threat and vulnerability analysis, routing protocols, routing, intrusion detection systems, intrusion protection systems, Domain Name Service, or network traffic analysis.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security +ce.
- Proficient in developing briefing materials, administrative, and logistics support.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively, including public speaking, and briefing senior officers.
- Advanced communications and presentation skills enabling precise conveyance of information across all CC/S/A//FA with command
Job Type: FT