Cyber Security Systems Engineer
CYBER SECURITY SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Candidate MUST HAVE a TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
Program and Project Description:
The contract provides Computer Network Defense and Analysis (CND) to the customer’ s network. Because the customer allows their user community to access their personal email accounts while on site, there is a lot of spam hitting their network regularly. This contract is responsible for the 24 x 7 x 365 protection of the customer’ s network from maliciously intended viruses and attacks on their network. The contract is broken down into two teams, the IDS Analyst team that sits at HQ and the Engineering team that sits in Herndon. As part of this they are looking for a Senior SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) Engineer.
Candidates will be required to support the deployment, configuration, and administration of the customer Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platform. The position requires the candidate be a self-starter and work well with other security teams to support cyber security operations. A wide range of knowledge and skills are needed such as ArcSight ESM, system administration, network engineering, and cyber security architecture design. More specifically, they will use their SEIM experience to dig in and maintain their ArcSight suite and ensure it is running properly. They should understand the connectors, proper set up, as well as be able to envision the future and have forward thinking conversations with the customer of what the SEIM tools can do for them.
- 10+ years hands on experience in security with an emphasis in engineering design, configuration, implementation, operations and maintenance of a variety of security technologies used for the following security defense areas: network, storage/back, platforms (Windows/Linux Servers), web applications.
- 10+ years knowledge and hands-on experience working with SIEM applications
- 7+ years of experience in Engineering and should have experience/knowledge with the following tools or technologies:
- ArcSight ESM or McAfee NitroSecurity IPS (another SEIM product similar to ArcSight)
- Network Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems
- Host Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems
- Network Packet Capture/Forensics Systems
- network, storage, backup, platforms, middleware, application, monitoring, and security
- Technical BS degree
- ArcSight Certified Integrator/Administrator (ACIA) certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands on experience working with different security technologies for network defense, web and email defense, endpoint defenses
Job Type: FT