DEV OPS Engineer
Process: RESUME TO OSSEM Staffing Drop Box
NOTES: candidate must be AWS certified within 90 days of start date (this is something ALKU will have to put them through regardless and is not chargeable to the program. ** please ask if they have the cert, and be sure it goes in the resume, thank you!
Dev Ops Engineer
This Job requires an active Secret Clearance
This program is responsible for cloud innovation for the customer. This program is going through a transformation that leverages the Amazon Cloud Services (AWS) to build big data capabilities. The Dev Ops Engineer will be part of a transformation that leverages the Amazon Cloud Services (AWS) to build big data capabilities. The selected candidate must be aware of all activities associated with the design, test configuration, qualification, certification, operation, and requirements of the product/project. The Dev Ops Systems Engineer will support a large complex physical and AWS environment, from a coordination standpoint as well as communication with the customer. DevOps Engineer with extensive experience delivering enterprise solutions in the Intelligence Community. The ideal candidate will have full software engineering life cycle experience and will be responsible for working across an enterprise of 250 technical personnel and managers.
Day to Day:
This person is coming in to assist with Configuration management using tools like chef, puppet, ansible and others as well as working with interpreted programming languages (python) in support of automated system administration.
The selected individual will be responsible for reviewing, evaluating, designing, documenting, implementing, and maintaining key systems, networking, and storage infrastructure.
This person will interact with MySQL and Oracle databases, bulk data transfer and storage management, clustering and high availability, security management and authentication, and various mobile device services. The Key networking equipment will include Cisco and Juniper routers, switches, and firewalls and maintain security of systems and networks. This will include firewall and VPN management, host and network IDS log monitoring and auditing, and enforcement of security policies
They will also create and maintain programmatic and technical documentation to ensure efficient planning and execution including design, installation, and administration documentation as well as define architecture standards, policies and procedures for the organization, structure, attributes, design documentation, data flow, security and nomenclature of data elements, and apply accepted data content standards to technology projects.
- Minimum of 10 years technical experience with increasing levels of responsibility providing technical oversight, stakeholder management and participation, problem resolution.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows/Redhat/CentOS Linux/Ubuntu Linux
- Experience with Virtualization Technologies (VMware, vSphere, Xen)
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Google, DO and other related)
- Experience with scripting languages (python, etc)
- Experience with systems and network performance tuning, capacity planning, and backup and recovery, system architecture and design as well as high availability concepts.
- Strong understanding of networking (particularly TCP/IP), security and web application servers desired.
- Ability to understand complex issues and facilitate resolution
- Familiarity with concepts such as DevOps, ITIL, and Scaled Agile Framework, Industry relevant certifications (CISSP, Java related, AWS related, Cloud related, Agile related, etc.)
• Strong understanding of networking (particularly TCP/IP), security, and web application servers desired
• DBA experience with MySQL, MS SQL, and/or Oracle desired
• Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (Agile) standards
• Telecom, Information Security, or Wireless/Mobile Technology background
Understanding of big data cloud scalability
Experience working in an Agile Scrum Team
Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
DBA experience with MySQL, MS SQL, and/or Oracle