Design Project Manager
Design Project Manager
Our client is a Global Retail Organization in the Restaurant / Food & Beverage Industry that is in the midst of a major Global Transformation with several large initiatives beginning across the entire organization.
This Design Project Manager is responsible for supporting the Global Development department within the primary area of design. The position will work with internal team members and external resources as well as franchisees to obtain and organize the flow of information regarding new stores design, development and remodels. This position will also be responsible for many day-to-day needs and tasks performed by the Global Design Team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with external consultants including architects, engineers and vendors to prepare new store development documents.
- Quarterback/ manage the new restaurant development process from real estate site identification to the construction phase
- Work with internal teams and departments coordinating the design and approval process.
- Manage special projects related to store design and development.
- Review design documents including drawings and specifications for quality and appropriateness
- Prepare and manage project reports, schedules and budgets.
- Review proposals and contracts for approval.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 4 years of college education in design, architecture, construction or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of business experience and proven performance
- Knowledge of restaurant design preferred including working with external consultants, vendors and contractors.
- Knowledge of construction and the retail development process preferred
- Familiar with building codes, architectural drawings, specifications and related documents
- Ability to translate meeting minutes into action items, the personnel responsible for those items and be able to follow up on those items to completion
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Working Knowledge of Adobe products, AutoCAD/ Revit preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, high energy environment
- Great attention to detail
- Knowledge and/or interest in restaurants and/or store design, company operations and company procedures
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work with various cultures
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Carrying · Writing · Bending · Stooping · Grasping · Standing
- Twisting · Sitting · Filing documents · Walking · Using telephone and fax machines
- Communicating with customers and co-workers · Lifting
- Lifting up to as much as 20 pounds occasionally; generally sedentary.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and be able to file documents.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Must be able to read and distinguish small print.
- The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions.
- Primary work is at the corporate office in Charlotte, NC with travel approximately 30% of the time to domestic project locations.
Job Type: Contract