Desk Top Support Technician
Colorado Springs, CO
INFORMATION SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
Candidate MUST HAVE a TS/SCI security clearance in order to be considered.
Our client is 4 ½ years into this 8+ year contract. The contract provides IT Support Services to the customer, including Service Desk (Help Desk and Desk Top), Application, Systems and Network Support Services. Their team in Chantilly, VA provides Information Systems Technical Support locally to 5, 000 customers at this large campus of multiple buildings. The NOC and SOC teams in Virginia send the IST folks trouble tickets, and this team will take those tickets and go from customer to customer troubleshooting and fixing the issues on site. ALL CANDIDATES MUST be DoD 8570 compliant upon joining the program.
- Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
- Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
- Provides technical support and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Must be able to multitask in this fast paced environment.
- Tier 1 / Tier 2 support
- Responsible for the installation, repair, configuration and preventative maintenance of cryptographic, voice, network equipment and VTC suites/or network computer equipment.
- Exhibits an understanding of engineering application configurations and integration with wide area networks.
- Answers internal inquiries and troubleshoots software and hardware failures either in person or on the phone.
- Performs hardware and software moves, adds, and changes.
- Ensures systems and related equipment are in working condition.
- Maintains records on repairs, downtime changes and updates.
- Security+ CE certification
- AA/AS with 3-5+ years of experience
- The candidate should have the general knowledge and experience with standard operating procedures, practices and techniques associated with administrative tasks.
- The candidate must be able to perform in an environment involving special security requirements.
- A+ certification
Job Type: FT