Ft. Meade, MD
Candidate must have a TS security clearance.
Our client is the prime contractor on a government funded program. This project is responsible for providing IT services to various DoD agencies in the form of an online storefront.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The engineer will be working in an integrated software development team supporting the enhancement and sustainment of the DISA Storefront, as well as the establishment of a classified version of the DISA Storefront solution.
Day to day responsibilities may include:
- Supporting in the design of a high side Configuration Management / build process; will additionally assist the Configuration Management (CM) Team (CM Manager and Build Manager) with Software Configuration Management (SCM) duties, to include configuration identification, configuration change control, configuration status accounting, configuration verification and audits as applies to software release and delivery.
- Responsible to automate, develop, and perform software builds and source control management, help control and manage software baselines, builds, and deployments within development, systems engineering, program management, test and the customer release processes.
- Will perform code management, audits, baseline identification, preparation and control of documentation for software projects.
- Supports the development change management processes such as the Engineering Review Board (ERB) and Change Control Board (CCB).
- Experience designing, installing and troubleshooting virtual and physical environments
- Experience with software builds and source control management.
- Experience with software configuration management.
- Experience with Agile-based software development techniques and methodologies.
- Proficiency with web application technologies, such as JBoss, Apache Tomcat, etc.
- Knowledge of software design patterns.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Currently possess an active 8570 IAT II Certification
- Experience developing in Linux and a virtualized environment.
- Experience with Kinetic Data Core edition
- Experience with Cassandra Databases
- Experience with automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Docker
- Cyber, Information Assurance, and System Engineering skills.
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Linux, Windows).
- Proficiency with at least one Relational Database Management System (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
Job Type: FT